Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2002 2:49:37 PM EDT
Does anyone have one/shoot one. I am thinking about buying one, is it worth the price?
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:20:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't shot one, but I am planning on buying a .357 barrel fairly soon for my Compact .40.

The Compact .40 is a joy to shoot, and I can only imagine that the .357 would be similar.

BTW, I seem to recall that HK has stopped production on the Compact .357, so you better buy it while you still can!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Its really no different feeling then the .40 compact.

Both are snappy rounds, feel almost identical when fired.

.357 has better barrier penitration.

If you have the dough for one, you should buy it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:42:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one and absolutely love it.  I love the ergonomics, the controls, the way it fits my hand, everything.  The .357SIG is a lot of fun!  Very snappy with lots of muzzle flash and noise.  Everyone at the range turns their head when this one gets fired.  I find it easier to shoot than .40SW.  It is extremely accurate, I get incredible groups with this pistol.  The size fits me well but is a bit too chunky for every day concealed carry use.  I carry it camping and in the winter but around town I carry my SW CS9.  The HK is my bedside gun.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:53:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a USP compact in .40 and it is a great gun. Does anyone know where I can pick up a .357 sig barrel for it?
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 6:51:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I think Jarvis and Bar-sto are your options.
www.jarvis-custom.com
www.barsto.com

.40 mags will work with the .357SIG.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys, I already have a glock 31c and 32c so I want this one to keep all my calibers the same, I love the caliber.  I will order one asap.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 7:55:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Why not just get a factory HK barrel?  They are available.

Try contacting SPC for one.  I can't remember the website, but I'm sure someone can point you to it.

Or, you can go here and e-mail them www.hkpro.com/spchome.htm
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:53:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a USPC in 357 SIG. Very fast and very accurate. I love it. It's a very powerful round. I about bought the .40 and got the 357 SIG barrel but decided to just get this one since I wanted the fastest round available in the USP. Ammo is a little more scarce around here but I have been picking it up for about $13.50 for 50ct 125gr FMJ. You won't be disapointed!!!

http://www.geocities.com/dustinmundell/guns/dustinmhkuspcompact357sigporch.jpg

Diesel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top