Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2002 1:55:03 PM EDT
I want advice/info, cost on the .45 polymer carbine by H&K without going to H&K site. Any comment?
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 1:57:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm seeing them for $1200+ in some places.  Personally, I don't think a single-stack post-ban carbine is worth that much.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats the kind of info I need. I did not know if it was double or single stack, and what other, if any mags would fit.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#3]
GOD-YES.....but only if you have that kind of $$$ to throw around.....otherwise.....better things to spend it on.......
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#4]
It has a fixed, skeletonized stock (not the collapsable type found on the real thing, the UMP) and the receiver is formed (plastic) so that it only accepts thin, single-stack HK mags which only take 10rnds.  Even if it could, no pre-ban mags exist.  I see some places (who I won't mention here) are hacking the thing apart to fit a dbl-stack mag, but I still don't see it as worth it.  That money will buy a pre-ban AR in good condition or a post-ban AR with toys.  OR, a helluva handgun.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 2:08:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been wondering about those as well. I have finally decided to go after the pre-ban M4 instead. I think I could have a lot more fun with that. Besides, I already have a .45 with 10 round capacity. It's called a Glock 30.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the G36 myself and wanted a companion carbine. Any other suggestions? How about the .45 AR uppers? Where, what is invloved, how much, and reliability? I guess I need a new topic for this.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 2:18:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Isn't there a .45 conversion for the UZI? What do those mags hold? Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought a .45 UZI was made...at least a conversion kit if not from the factory.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 2:19:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 2:20:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Well....marlin discontinued thier 45 carbine....and that`s too bad.....but the next best thing is the ruger carbine in 40....certainly makes more sense than spending mucho $$$$$ on a "toy"...............if you need a "toy" get the nine.....you can shoot all day for cheap....actually...you will get "bored" with it.....
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 2:32:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought my USC for $1059. It's a great gun, you can drive nails with it.  It is a single stack mag. There are no other mags that will fit it. It's based on the UMP, but they altered the receiver so that it will not accept the UMP mags.

I can't wait until 2004.......

Link Posted: 1/17/2002 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#11]
The H & K USC is a fine weapon.  Accuracy is astounding and you can shoot it at indoor ranges.  Expensive?  Yes, but so are most wothwhile accquisitions.  I have over 2000 rounds through mine and not the slightest glitch though it seems to perfer 185gr. rather than 230.

sloper10 ...out
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 3:38:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I have one and I love it...it's fun to shoot and very accurate...and like sloper10 says...you can shoot it at indoor ranges which is of great benefit to me...
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 7:02:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I've seen a USC, done in a permanent all flat black. The process apparently is absorbed by the original plastic and can not be chipped or scratched.

That USC had a Comp ML on it and it looked bad ass. 10 rounds or not, I'd love to have one in my collection.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#14]
How easy is it to clean the USC? Additionally, does anyone know the link or site showing the rails that are available?

If the USC is out of my range, how would I go about getting a .45 upper for my AR?
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 10:22:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I've spent the last 4 hours reading about these things.  I think I am going to put money down on one this payday.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 11:15:39 PM EDT
[#16]
sloper10,
the reason it likes the 185 is that the barrel is so damn long for a pistol cartridge... you're beyond the point of diminshing returns and into slowing down the bullet cause of friction with the barrel... that's why its about 8.5 inches iirc on the UMP, best return for the amount of handiness.  the 185ers go faster cause they're lighter and therefore faster mv for an equal powder charge and bullet type and that makes the time of flight to target shorter and consequently the downward acceleration due to gravity (9.8m/s) less.  =-)
I want one too!
-bill
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 3:44:09 AM EDT
[#17]
If the calvary arms conversion ever becomes a reality, I'm going to have to take a reaaallly long look at these...  The prices seem to be dropped quite alot.  I've seen them go for $800 with only a couple hundred thru them.

Rocko
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 4:19:24 AM EDT
[#18]
What about the Mech tech carbine conversion ??
dillonprecision.com/template/p.cfm?maj=57&min=0&dyn=1&
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:19:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#20]
I love mine. I don't know why you don't want to look at an HK site, but for pics of some of the rails/attachments, go to www.calssportingarmory.com I guess.

Umm, I've got mine set up with the rear sight rail holding an ATN Ultra Sight, then it has the lower asseccory rail on the front, with a KAC foregrip. I still can't decide weather I want it black or not.

I've got around 5000 rnds, and I can't say it's worked EVERY ROUND, because I had 3 boxes of a certain ammo that FELL APART in the mags (the bullets themselves snapped in two).

Other than those faulty rounds, it had NEVER had a failure to feed, to extract, or to fire. I've shot Wolf 230GR, Winch. 185gr and 230gr, IMI/NEWGEN 105 +p (BY FAR THE BEST, IMO), S&B 230 (2nd best I'd say) and varius other 230gr's though it. Oh, and some 165gr +p stuff.

It is EXTRAMLY accurate. I can shoot branches off of bushes and trees at 25m, usually hitting on either the 1st or 2nd shot!

I can hit a 2' wide tree 3/5 of a mile away consistantly 9 rnds out of 10. (sure, there's like 60' drop, but it's fun to do, to prove it doesn't spread more than 2' wide at that range)!  It's great fun to do, 'cause with subsonic 230gr, you REALLY hear it hit!

I think it looks really cool:-). I don't like 10-rnds mags, but they are so easy to swap, that w/my 2 Uncle Mikes Tactical Drop-leg submachingun mag holders and 6 extra mags, I don't really care about the 10-rnd limit. Sure, I'd LOVE hi-caps, but the gun is such a great desing, it isn't critical. Hell, my Tac only holds 10 rnds, and I don't complain about that.

Also, it's VERY quite. About the same as a R*ger 10/22, but has no crack unless using +p ammo.

I'm rather impressed with it really. I love the Stock Iron sights as well.

Oh, I love shooting it from 100 yrds at paper targets while my friend is doing so with his scoped 30.06. He'll put a nice group ont he target, then I'll arc some 230GR down onto it, and plaster a 4-5" group over his:-). He always laughs at me arcing the rounds, but every one hits the target. With the 105 gr +p, arcing is not nessacery. . . .

I find you have to start arcing around 50m or so, it's REALLY easy to adjust as you move out though, the USC is so consistant and predictable. Oh, my sights are set for 25m as well:-).

It WAS my 1st HK. . . .

-Justin

EDIT: Oh yeah, the going rate seems to be about $1050 NIB, which is what I payed for mine a while back. Around $850-950 used. They come with a good tac sling, manual, HK multi-tool, safty cable lock and life-time warrenty, all in a cheap cardboard box!
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#21]
yeah when that cavalry arms conversion comes out i am going to get one and get the conversion done!
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#22]
CavArms....

What's up with the conversion? What are you going to be converting?

Any prototype pics?

Were talkin' about the USC, right? Any chance in lopping off about 3-4" of barrel and adding a perm. muzzle brake?
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
CavArms....

Any prototype pics?

Were talkin' about the USC, right? Any chance in lopping off about 3-4" of barrel and adding a perm. muzzle brake?

Why not register it as a SBR and then whack off that much?  Thats my plan.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
CavArms....

Any prototype pics?

Why not register it as a SBR and then whack off that much?  Thats my plan.

Just figured the muzzle brake idea would be something cool, less P.C. looking, and a lot easier for most people to actually own.

What's involved with registering an S.B.R? Is it difficult/expensive/time consuming? If it's easy, I'd love to know. I'd add about 4 new short uppers to my AR collection.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Oh yes, the conversion is going to happen...we start cutting this week....

Garry....
Two questions.

1)What are the details of the USC conversion, what are you "converting"? Sounds cool.

2) Seriously, this cutie on your web page, I'm in love. Tell me she lives in Florida, is single, and is looking for a husband. She is a stunner!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top