Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2011 5:14:13 PM EDT
Cutting to the chase:  Will my SilencerCo .45 Osprey, with a left handed twist that I bought for my H&K USP .45 Tactical fit onto the factory threaded barrel of a H&K Mark 23?

I am interested in possibly upgrading my standard USP to a Mk23, and am willing to replace all the magazines, but am not as interested if it means my can wont fit anymore.

Moderators:  I wasn't sure if a question like this was more relevant in the suppressor forum or the H&K forum.  I will understand if one is needed to be deleted, however, I wanted to ensure that I canvased the most amount of users possible before making a potentially costly error.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#1]
It will not fit.  The mark 23 is right hand thread.  You will need to replace your silencers piston to make it fit.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 8:41:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

It will not fit.  The mark 23 is right hand thread.  You will need to replace your silencers piston to make it fit.

Correct.  I believe that the MK23 is the only HK that has a RH thread.  Everything else is metric LH.  

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:33:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Is it possible to get a 1911 barrel threaded for the same thread as the MK23? I have a mk23 that I want to get a can for and would love to get a barrel for the 1911 for use wiht the same can.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct.  I believe that the MK23 is the only HK that has a RH thread.  Everything else is metric LH.  

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 2:17:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, all you have to do is find someone who has tooling for metric 16x1mm RH
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:37:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:59:59 AM EDT
[#6]
That's exactly what I was thinking!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top