Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 6/1/2003 2:17:38 PM EST

Anyone have a lead/info/e-mail addy/web addy for a HK USC faux suppressor/barrel shroud?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:02:24 PM EST
Why not spend the money you would spend on that for a SBR tax stamp and have the gunsmith cut the barrel?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:01:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/2/2003 10:05:06 PM EST by desertmoon]
YOu may not want to SBR a USC. I recall from somewhere that it REALLY jacks up the accuracy...I have to reinvestigate that because I don't remember my exact source but I do specifically remember that the work done was quality work by a quality vendor and the gun couldn't but a bullet on a stuffed bull moose at ten paces. This may have been only this gun but I recall that our conversation included other persons this had happened to. Maybe there are some guys with SBR'd USC's who can shed some light on this.

Also...a sound suppressor would qualify as a flash hider so you can't use it on a post ban gun...even an SBR'd gun. To the extent of my knowledge. The faux suppressor would be the way to go.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:57:52 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/3/2003 4:02:27 AM EST by hepcat85]

Originally Posted By DevL:
Why not spend the money you would spend on that for a SBR tax stamp and have the gunsmith cut the barrel?

I'd be all for an SBR...problem is in NJ you need to "provide a reason" why you want to cut the barrel. It's exactly how they screw the citizenry over with concealed carry. What most don't know is that NJ does have concealed carry law, however, it says MAY BE ISSUED. It's a right the state grants, not the Constitution. So you must show a need to carry a weapon, like you carry large sums of money from your business to the bank or have had your life threatened, etc. What do you tell local law enforcement about an SBR, "I want it just because?"

Fact is, you can push it and get them to sign off. But It takes months of constant letter writing to local police, local officals, etc...and for my purpose, I'd be happy to conceal the longer barrel with a can.

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:40:13 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/3/2003 7:40:41 AM EST by DevL]
If you incorporate and buy the gun through the corporation or give it to the corporation if you already own it then you can bypass the LEO sign off and the FBI back ground check. THe filing for papers of incorporation is an added expense but you could get your SBR then. Later if you talk to a CLEO you could ask if if you could transfer it back to your own name (much easier if you already have it and just want to put it in your name vs. the corporation) and have it for "Reduced velocity/power and more maneuverability because the rifle is used for home defense. This means less chance to harm innocent bystanders." Then while you wait for the FBI back ground check and CLEO signature to clear you still have the SBR. Heck by then the 94 ban may be gone and you can add a suppressor either through your corporation or get the CLEO to sign off since he has done it for you in the past and he knows you as a concerned citizen now.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:56:34 AM EST
That's very clever...incorporation. I'm glad you're on our side. By the way, ARE you on our side??? lol.

Thanks for the tip. I will investigate.

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:01:39 PM EST
Spineguy at HKPRO.com sells them.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:45:24 AM EST

Originally Posted By ARDOC:
Spineguy at HKPRO.com sells them.

I'd heard that from a couple of guys on the HK board, but I was unable to find Spineguy.

I'm investigating a few other sources, but I'll keep my eyes open for SpineGuy. Matter of fact, anyone know of how I can contact Spineguy?

Thanks for the tip though!


Top Top