Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 12/21/2001 10:22:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/21/2001 10:21:06 PM EST by M4]
Does anyone know of a place where I could have the last two inches of an HK USC barrel cut off and replaced with a two inch muzzle brake?

I realize it's common for AR's, but I've personally never heard of a muzzle brake being available for a .45.

This is almost entirely an asthetic question, so no need to fill me in on why it's a bad idea. I just want to know if anyone could do it....and what sort of brake would be advisable.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 6:26:42 AM EST
I would prob suggest Arizona Response Systems. They show a price of 75.00 to shorten the USC barrel (primariy for a Form 1 type of work). They also have pictures of a HK91? shortened w/brake.

Not sure what brake would be used.

Some things to look forward to for USC owners:
New lower that accepts hicap mags.
A barrel shroud to make it look like a "can"
Color change- Either Black or Olive Green (mine is getting the black as we speak).
SBR- shorten the barrel to UMP length.

Link Posted: 12/22/2001 3:49:31 PM EST
A.R.S. is doing all of that work on your USC? Or is it a collection of sources?
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 4:32:46 PM EST

What what I've read, ARS paints the HK and another other option is using a dye to blacken the grey color. I've heard both results look great.

I had mine sent to Keith Buckner for a dye job. He can do black or olive green. His work can be seen on hkpro.com (search black USC or search black sl8).

When I get my form 1 back, I will have ARS cut the barrel.

Looking forward to Calvary Arm's and the lower conversion for the USC that will accept grease gun mags(hicap 30 rounders).

Top Top