Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2001 11:22:26 PM EDT
Does anyone know of a place where I could have the last two inches of an HK USC barrel cut off and replaced with a two inch muzzle brake?

I realize it's common for AR's, but I've personally never heard of a muzzle brake being available for a .45.

This is almost entirely an asthetic question, so no need to fill me in on why it's a bad idea. I just want to know if anyone could do it....and what sort of brake would be advisable.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 7:26:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I would prob suggest Arizona Response Systems.  They show a price of 75.00 to shorten the USC barrel (primariy for a Form 1 type of work).  They also have pictures of a HK91? shortened w/brake.

Not sure what brake would be used.

Some things to look forward to for USC owners:
New lower that accepts hicap mags.
A barrel shroud to make it look like a "can"
Color change- Either Black or Olive Green (mine is getting the black as we speak).
SBR- shorten the barrel to UMP length.

scottMO  
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 4:49:31 PM EDT
[#2]
A.R.S. is doing all of that work on your USC? Or is it a collection of sources?
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 5:32:46 PM EDT
[#3]
M4-  

What what I've read, ARS paints the HK and another other option is using a dye to blacken the grey color.  I've heard both results look great.  

I had mine sent to Keith Buckner for a dye job.  He can do black or olive green.  His work can be seen on hkpro.com (search black USC or search black sl8).

When I get my form 1 back, I will have ARS cut the barrel.

Looking forward to Calvary Arm's and the lower conversion for the USC that will accept grease gun mags(hicap 30 rounders).

scottMO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top