Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2010 4:51:33 AM EDT
I have a Cetme and can't get H&K G3 mags to work in it. They wont lock in to the mag well. Does anyone have any advice on this issue or will some Cetme's not accept G3 mags?
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 4:59:17 AM EDT
[#1]
My Cetme works best with G3 mags. They do fit fairly tight, but nothing extraordinary. I've been using aluminum mags, and a couple steel G3 mags. These mags work perfectly.

The curved Cetme mags tend to flop around a bit, and the Cetme mags I have are all well used. They don't work all that well, occasionaly missing a round. It's like the Cetme mags hand down too far.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Look closely at it and tell us why it appears not to lock up. Will the mag just not fit in the mag well? Or will it not snap in place? On one of my cetmes I found that the mag catch opening was cut too large. This allowed the mag catch to raise up when inserting a magazine, which prevented lock up. In order to fix that you need to add material to the top of your mag catch so it will not tilt up. Mine works fine now.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#3]
It looks like the mag is not going far enough up in mag well so the mag catch doesn't catch the mag!
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 11:03:48 PM EDT
[#4]
The specs and QC on Century CETME varied quite a bit. Some of them won't work with HK mags at all, some are even fussy about which CETME mags they'll work with.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 6:39:30 AM EDT
[#5]
The welds inside my century cetme's magwell were real big and sloppy, had to file them down a bit for the G3 mags to fit OK.  

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:18:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I think I will stck with the cetme mags until I can fiqure out a way to get g3 mags to work! Would be nice to be able to use G3 mags because they are cheaper!
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The welds inside my century cetme's magwell were real big and sloppy, had to file them down a bit for the G3 mags to fit OK.  

This for me.  I had to file away the sloppy welds that actually stuck out into the magwell.  Once I squared them up, any mag rotates into the magwell and locks up like they are supposed too.  Still too tight to drop free.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 4:57:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think I will stck with the cetme mags until I can fiqure out a way to get g3 mags to work! Would be nice to be able to use G3 mags because they are cheaper!

Call me Ghetto, oh wait.......

..but what I did was take a G3 mag, a block of 2x4 and a hammer to make the G3 mags fits in my CETME. Insert the G3 mag in the CETME magwell, give it a good whack using the wood as a buffer and there ya go!

I did that with 5 or 6 mags and it worked on every one!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top