Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2009 2:17:20 PM EDT
So I just got back from the range with my new Hakim.  First of all, it's awesome and loud, but I was shooting Romanian 8mm surplus out of it, and had a couple FTFs.  The round would have the bullet in the chamber, but the casing would be out and caught halfway under the bolt.  Dropped the mag, pushed the bolt back with my finger and the round would drop free.  BTW, that bolt slams home fast and hard...it CAN cause bleeding if you're not careful .

Anyway, my first guess is that the gas adjust valve needs to be tweaked for this ammo to bring the bolt back further so that when it comes forward it snags up a round easier instead of catching the round in the middle, which is what it looked like it was doing.  FWIW, the bullet seems seated pretty loosely in the rounds.

I'm wondering if there are any other Hakim (or Ljungman for that matter) owners out there that have any input on this?
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:45:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't own a Hakim but from what you describe it sounds like it is shortstroking. Make sure the gas system is clean and if it's adjustable, open it up a tad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top