Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/28/2019 7:02:08 PM EDT
Edited this thread as it was becoming a pic thread - and that was a good thing

Not sure how this happened, but I sure as hell didn't like the X95 near as much as the SAR...

My X95 would shoot a nice solid 4" group - the SAR with 55grainers shoots a 1.5" group or so.

I like the SAR charging handle position more.  I learned on HK91's as a kid...so that's my hangup there.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Link Posted: 5/28/2019 8:42:59 PM EDT
[#1]
SAR is better.....
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Never tried the x95, but the SAR is my shtf rifle. Fawesome with a TMF handguard with light mounted inside.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 11:05:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I was/am ambivalent about the x95. I like the SAR much more. It feels much more comfortable for me and shoots very naturally.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 11:09:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Been shooting my sar with an eotech in the local carbine matches past few months I love it.
Easiest gun I've ever shot unsupported prone
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 11:12:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Had a SAR.
Had a SAR and a X95.
Have two SARs and no X95.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 5:55:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Had SAR and X95.
Have X95 and no SAR.

“Think you could'a found something bigger?”
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 7:02:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never tried the x95, but the SAR is my shtf rifle. Fawesome with a TMF handguard with light mounted inside.
View Quote
Sounds cool....have any pics?
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 10:46:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Have a SAR with an X95 hammer pack I picked up used from someone that upgraded to one of the $$$ packs.  The pull on the original SARs is about the only thing about them that isn't great, and the X95 pack is good enough for a working rifle.  More of my frustration of expensive guns shipping with bad triggers out of the box.

I know the X95 is the current IDF version, but it doesn't do it for me.  The early accuracy issues were a turn off as well, whether or not they got resolved I haven't heard conclusively.  I'd cave if they made the X95-R available domestically though.

I like how the Tavor 7 appears to combine the best of both designs - hopefully we get them eventually.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#9]
0 desire to own a X95...

Ergoes are so much better on SAR...slap a manticore buttpad...perfection
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Only X95 part I own is the trigger pack.  I much prefer the feel and location of everything on my SAR, though admittedly the X95 could be brought up to speed much easier and much cheaper.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Had a sar when first released, once I found out the availability of the x95...sold the sar for the x95 and no regrets doing so.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Own both, SAR is better.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 12:17:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File
Own both, like the sar better myself also
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 4:48:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sounds cool....have any pics?
View Quote
Sure, np!

I love this set up. No bbl shadow, nothing sticking out to snag on anything with either the light body or the switch. Light is front loading, so no disassembly to switch batteries either. Much now elegant than any type of AR light mounting solution.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 4:18:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sure, np!

https://ck5.com/forums/media/tavor-sar.33579/full 

I love this set up. No bbl shadow, nothing sticking out to snag on anything with either the light body or the switch. Light is front loading, so no disassembly to switch batteries either. Much now elegant than any type of AR light mounting solution.
View Quote
Which light is that? I have the handguard, never found a suitable light for it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Armytek Predator v2.5, IIRC. I'm pretty sure they make brighter / more efficient variants now. Seems like every year lights keep getting better. I haven't dug into it much, but I do know there is a v3 now and a Predator Pro as well. I've had zero issues with the light. No complaints. They are designed in Canada IIRC.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Armytek Predator v2.5, IIRC. I'm pretty sure they make brighter / more efficient variants now. Seems like every year lights keep getting better. I haven't dug into it much, but I do know there is a v3 now and a Predator Pro as well. I've had zero issues with the light. No complaints. They are designed in Canada IIRC.
View Quote
Nice! I'll be looking into these later.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#18]
The X95 has superior ergos, but the SAR is the overall better rifle, at least to me. I love my SAR despite not shooting it very much, and have no desire to get an X95. Every time people complain about the X95 shooting wild, I think to myself ‘man that sucks, my SAR actually outshoots probably half my ARs’.  Now...a SBR (micro) X95, that’s kinda hot and I wouldn’t mind picking one up one day.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:04:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Just cut the SAR's barrel to CTAR specs and P&W a muzzle device...bingo...

However...I would get a X95 to complete my Tavor family. Then the T7 is coming..so that will make things a bit harder on the wallet...once released.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 7:08:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just cut the SAR's barrel to CTAR specs and P&W a muzzle device...bingo...

However...I would get a X95 to complete my Tavor family. Then the T7 is coming..so that will make things a bit harder on the wallet...once released.
View Quote
Same. Any time I think about getting another bull pup, or .308 for that matter, I remember I’m waiting to get both at once with the Tavor 7. I like that they’re not stringing is along with false promises and updates, but would love to hear good news soon.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#22]
I like em both. I prefer the forward handguard of the sar but I like the mag release and charging handle location better on the x95. I wish the rear of the stock was shaped more like a sop mod or aug stock on both of them that would improve cheek weld but that’s my only gripe with the whole family. Would also be nice if they figured out a way to free float the barrels given they use lightweight barrels.

Oh also the extended buttpad is dumb on the x95 I get why they went that route but it’s nicer with the correct slim one.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 1:32:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Another +1 for the sar.  I have the G trigger and manticore curved butpad and it is awesome.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#24]
God how I wish imi would install a gas regulator on the 5.56 version.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 2:04:01 PM EDT
[#25]
My ONLY gripe with the SAR vs the X95 is the mag release location.  And possibly the slim, non-customiseable grip.

Sure, it may only be an extra second for mag changes but in a match every second counts.

I've shot my RFB in a couple matches and have somewhat perfected the "slap the paddle with the full mag and then cram it in" approach, but the release is on the front of the magwell on the SAR.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 6:47:44 AM EDT
[#26]
The SAR is a better gun out of the box.

The x95 is a better gun if you care to equip it as an AR
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 8:30:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The SAR is a better gun out of the box.

The x95 is a better gun if you care to equip it as an AR
View Quote
Well that is why the X95 was created...to mimic M4 controls...
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Ive owned both, i sold my SAR and later bought an X95, i perfer to have either in 9mm though as they are one of the few affordable 9mm bullpups on the market. One day i may pick up a 9mm SAR just to get the Ratworx can that sits inside the handguard.

Also the discontinuation of the SAR pushed me to the X95.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 12:22:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Shot my SAR more today.   It was doing easy 1.5” groups or less with the NX8.   Some groups at 1” or so with match ammo.

No strange flyers or anything.    My X95 shot like I had a gunfire induced epileptic seizure every time I tried getting good groups.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#30]
SAR for the win. As usual. I think it has to do that the barrel has more support vs the X95s shorter inner chassis...but that is my guess...
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 1:47:59 PM EDT
[#31]
All I have is an X95 in 9mm. I recently upgraded to the Giessele trigger bow and Super Sabra trigger and it is awesome. It’s quickly becoming a personal favorite.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Where do I get the original SAR magazines. They look so cool
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 7:46:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
They were just US made IWI branded CAA AR15 mags. The regular ones are made in Israel so technically cause 922r issues in tavors. They are bulky for what they are Pmags or lancers are better.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Pic thread?

Link Posted: 6/23/2019 10:02:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
They suck.  I left one loaded for a while and it started to split.

Message me your address, and I might try to mail it to you (FDE) sometime this week if it's legal where you live; I could use the space in my safe, and refuse to throw away a mag if I can help it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Have the X95 and it’s Ok. Not very accurate
I’ll take my AXR (AUG) over it .
But my go to gun is my Scar16
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 12:42:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My ONLY gripe with the SAR vs the X95 is the mag release location.  And possibly the slim, non-customiseable grip.

Sure, it may only be an extra second for mag changes but in a match every second counts.

I've shot my RFB in a couple matches and have somewhat perfected the "slap the paddle with the full mag and then cram it in" approach, but the release is on the front of the magwell on the SAR.
View Quote
@RDTCU

I don't have big hands and find SAR mag changes quicker. I just open my palm and the rear of my thumb hits the mag release while I'm grabbing a different mag with my left hand.
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 12:19:35 PM EDT
[#38]
I have Art's trigger in my SAR and am pleased with it.

I may try and find an X95 trigger for my 9mm SAR. Going price on same?
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 11:20:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Glad I found this thread...I was at a local show today with more money in my pocket than sense..saw a fellow walking around with a Tavor.  I've always wanted one, never had one and of course I hadn't taken the time/effort to read up on them.  Turned out he had the complete package, an in the box Black SAR that has been upgraded with an XS tritium insert flip up front site, AAC Blackhout hider, upgraded trigger, Viking Blue Force Sling, he was the original owner and has put only 4-5 mags thru it.  Like I said, I don't know a lot about them but having only about $1150 in it I figured I couldn't lose.

It was afterwards that I of course noted that there was the 2nd gen X95 out with a few improvements but like another poster mentioned I grew up on HK's so the forward operating rod is not new to me.  The mag release and bolt release are a bit different but I can live with them.  Same with the forend, though looking at the photos here I may look to get that Midwest Industries forend for it.  I was curious though what the thinking was on the differences between the two so like what I'm reading :)

The SAR is different from my usual AR's so looking forward to giving it a run thru at the range.  I've had a couple of bullpups in the past but not many.

Earl
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 10:34:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Glad I found this thread...I was at a local show today with more money in my pocket than sense..saw a fellow walking around with a Tavor.  I've always wanted one, never had one and of course I hadn't taken the time/effort to read up on them.  Turned out he had the complete package, an in the box Black SAR that has been upgraded with an XS tritium insert flip up front site, AAC Blackhout hider, upgraded trigger, Viking Blue Force Sling, he was the original owner and has put only 4-5 mags thru it.  Like I said, I don't know a lot about them but having only about $1150 in it I figured I couldn't lose.

It was afterwards that I of course noted that there was the 2nd gen X95 out with a few improvements but like another poster mentioned I grew up on HK's so the forward operating rod is not new to me.  The mag release and bolt release are a bit different but I can live with them.  Same with the forend, though looking at the photos here I may look to get that Midwest Industries forend for it.  I was curious though what the thinking was on the differences between the two so like what I'm reading :)

The SAR is different from my usual AR's so looking forward to giving it a run thru at the range.  I've had a couple of bullpups in the past but not many.

Earl
View Quote
@EarlB

thats a fantastic deal. I would have been all over that.
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 9:16:17 PM EDT
[#41]
I went from an SAR to a X 95. The two things that led me to that decision were 1) the fact that IWI was going to discontinue the SAR and 2) I Shot a full Auto X95 and loved it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 1:53:22 AM EDT
[#42]
had a SAR, ran a surefire mini on it, one of the least blowback cans made, got gassed so bad, I suffocated to death...  Aug much better in every way other than crossbolt safety.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 3:25:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
had a SAR, ran a surefire mini on it, one of the least blowback cans made, got gassed so bad, I suffocated to death...  Aug much better in every way other than crossbolt safety.
View Quote
Put a $30 sideplate on the Tavor and it takes care of most of the gas issues. I've pretty much ONLY shot any of my Tavors suppressed, and never had any gas issues.

Even without the side plate, the Tavor gas issues are severely overstated.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 5:09:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Finally found the light setup I needed with this rig - keeps it tucked close.

Link Posted: 9/18/2019 5:10:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Finally found the light setup I needed with this rig - keeps it tucked close.

Link Posted: 9/18/2019 6:55:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Midwest M-lok rail for the unused charging handle slot (gotta grind down the bolt heads if you use this one).

Magpul scout light mount

M300C scout light with tape switch popped over to the other side through a hole in my MI MLOK top rail.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#48]
SAR blows. X95 fixes all the issues that the sar had.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
SAR blows. X95 fixes all the issues that the sar had.
View Quote
Like what? Accuracy?
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Shit don't scare me like that.   I thought I had double tapped what I was posting again.

I had a total of 3 X95's.  From the down range results, all three must have been manufactured as part of an "epileptic shooting simulator" carnival exhibit.

If IWI made an X-SAR rifle that had the mag release both in the original SAR position and the X95 position, AND the trigger from the X95 I think it would sell well.

Quoted:

Like what? Accuracy?
View Quote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top