Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/19/2002 2:58:36 PM EST
Yep, the IDF decided to make soem change sto the Tavor and now that's the new Tavor 2. Looks weird. Like a Star Wars gun. AND: the regular army is getting 10,000 of them to replace old junky M16's (probably M16A1's that they still have somehow, yes I can get you the IDF small arms aquisition office phone number to ask abut buying the oldies but they are probably keeping them for reserve, heck they still have really old French AMX tanks). IMHO: Gimme the IMI Galil MAR any day. Some pics and a link:

www.isayeret.com/weapons/assault/tavor/tar2.htmIsayeret Tavor 2 site
IMI Galil MAR that I want from Botach
botachtactical.com/imigalmarmic.htmlLink to Botach-Galil MAR (micro) is only 1 grand
Tavor 2 regular model
Tavor 2 Sniper
Tavor 2 SD
Tavor 2 in 9mm (HOT)

Nice, eh? How about that MAR for me now???

SIG out,

The SIGer
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 3:01:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/19/2002 3:01:52 PM EST by Doggonit]
Watch the gun my man! Hey nice ITI M3 mount. Screwed on?

SIG out,

The SIGer
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 3:09:29 PM EST
Is that a Glock mag I spy stuck in that 9mm Tavor?
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 3:26:40 PM EST

Originally Posted By TheFNG:
Is that a Glock mag I spy stuck in that 9mm Tavor?

Yes, it is indeed. This 9mm version will be supplied to SF units and Yamam (Civilian CT unit) who already use the Glock Model 17 and 19. Therefore Glock 31 rd. mags are probably already used if not readily available.

SIG out
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 3:55:06 PM EST
UGLY.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 4:24:29 PM EST
Now that micro Galil? is killer.

I'm not really gettin the whole bullpup draw.I mean whats the point?I guess they're alittle shorter,but is it really that significant compared to pictured Galil and M4 types?

Besides being butt ass ugly(except the styre aug,that one looks kewl!) they just look real awkward to use.Most are so short from the cheekweld forward that there's no real way to install an effective longrange iron sight setup.

And look at that sniper version,ya sposed to grab it by the bipod when not shooting prone?looks real comfortable.I don't know.Maybe I'm old fashioned.I'm just not gettin it??

Top Top