Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 1/20/2013 6:20:50 PM EDT
As you folks can see this is my first post. I recently purchased a quick release from Zairsoft for my GSG. I was under the impression that all the mag release levers were the same on the GSG rifles. It seems the GSG522 release is thicker than the one on the earlier style rifles. Whats the easiest fix ? Just send it back for a refund or are the release levers interchangable between the different models ?
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:48:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By mikester:
As you folks can see this is my first post. I recently purchased a quick release from Zairsoft for my GSG. I was under the impression that all the mag release levers were the same on the GSG rifles. It seems the GSG522 release is thicker than the one on the earlier style rifles. Whats the easiest fix ? Just send it back for a refund or are the release levers interchangable between the different models ?

No idea about the release lever you ordered - however the GSG-522 to GSG-5 conversion kit (from GSG) includes an original style GSG-5 release lever so I would say the two appear to be interchangeable.

HTH,
Richard
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:46:53 AM EDT
I changed mine out using the CDNN kit, it is closer to the HK gun. In fact I changed out everything I could including the top rail. What a pain it was, too!
Here is my GSG-522 from Dunhams with GSG-5 parts and contract forearm from Gordon Miller:
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:39:45 AM EDT
Do you guys know if its just a matter of changing the lever or are there other parts involved ? Im sure I can order the lever from ATI.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 11:31:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By mikester:
Do you guys know if its just a matter of changing the lever or are there other parts involved ? Im sure I can order the lever from ATI.

It's just the lever, but you have to separate the receiver halves to change it - so you (IMO) might as well do the rrages.com screw update (at least the receiver screws) and install a (2nd generation) buffer (rrages has one of those too), and install any of the other parts of the GSG-522 to GSG-5 conversion kit which appeal to you. CDNN has had the conversion kit for $20 + S/H for a while, but I think their website is down once again. I guess the magazine release was low on my list of care-abouts - the factory GSG-522 one didn't seem bad to me, but I changed it anyway since I was in there :)

Richard
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:56:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/21/2013 6:57:10 PM EDT by rsolomon]
Originally Posted By rsolomon:
CDNN has had the conversion kit for $20 + S/H for a while

Here ya go:
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/gs18cokitnew.html

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/cdnn_2243_83655061

Richard
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:38:54 PM EDT
Thanks for all of the replies guys but I think Im going to sent the thing back and live with the gun the way it is. Ive already installed the delrin buffer, red dot, tactical forearm and vertical grip, sling and the barrel shroud from the SD model. It actually looks pretty good. I set up another 522 the same way for my son.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Top Top