Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 11:22:56 PM EDT
Will the Cetme Tool from tapco work on my PTR91?  

Or is there a reason to spend the money on a better HK sight tool?

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:19:57 AM EDT
[#1]
the cetme tool is for the cetme front sight. like a lil nut driver/forked screw driver. the Hk one is  a totally diff beast.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:32:34 AM EDT
[#2]
There are actually two different types of sight tools for the CETME.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:54:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I use the one JPD sells for $20? works fine on my HKs
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:21:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think the Cetme tool will work on the JLD PTR/HK rear sight. The sight has locking pieces in both grooves of the inner cylinder base of the rear sight that the tools teeth need to close around to unlock so you can turn the cylinder. You might be able to unlock them with something else and use the tool, but the JLD tool is worth getting and has a phillips head screwdriver for the handle that the tool slides onto. The phillips head you use for loosening and tightening the windage adjustment screw and taking the rear sight assembly off if you want.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:55:13 AM EDT
[#5]
My needle nose pliers works fine on the H&K rear sight.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:02:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the JLD version, very happy with it
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#7]
thanks guys - JLD is sold out.  :(

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
thanks guys - JLD is sold out.  :(

I called JLD yesterday, I was told they'd have the sight adjustment tools back in stock in a week or two.  I had bid one up to about $50.00 and I wanted to find out if they'd be getting anymore of them so that I didn't have to pay that much.  As soon as I found out they'd have some in stock soon, I let the other bidder have it!  Watch their website, they'll have some soon.  ARKAR
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:07:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My needle nose pliers works fine on the H&K rear sight.

Yep. Me too.

I used some smallish long "angled" needle nose for $2.99 from the import closeout section of the hardware store. the best part is you can use them for other things too.

The sight tool is a boondoggle

JR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top