Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2002 11:49:31 AM EDT
Thanks Brouhaha for pointing me in the right direction.  Now that I know what I saw at the gunshow, I would like to hear from the AR15 guys about the good, bad, ugly points of owning an HK SL8.

My first impression was the weight of the rifle.  Clearly alot heavier than my Bushie Carbine.  Fires the same round (good and bad.)  I am sure the magazines for the SL8 are going to give me heart failure.

1089.00 was the price tag, I can pick up TWO used Bushies postbans for about the same cash.

But I still think it is kewl.  Opinions?  Anyone out there own one?  Shot one?  Like it?  etc.

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:57:47 AM EDT
[#1]
My advice is to do a search on this board.  The was a topic as recently as this morning about this rifle.  You'll find lots of negative comments...especially from an AR crowd.

For other comments, go to www.hkpro.com and find plenty of info.

In a nutshell, I own one and love it.  It's a target rifle for me.  Others can't stand the way it looks, or the way it feels, or the 10 round mags.  It looks the way it does because of the damned ATF.  But there are ways to fix that if you like...Keith Buckner has come up with a way to dye the rifle balck or OD green.  Special Weapons has designed a way to make it take AR mags, although it requires cutting the plastic receiver.  And soon, Special Weapons will be making a G36 style grip/buttstock for the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 12:00:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My advice is to do a search on this board.  The was a topic as recently as this morning about this rifle.  You'll find lots of negative comments...especially from an AR crowd.

For other comments, go to www.hkpro.com and find plenty of info.

In a nutshell, I own one and love it.  It's a target rifle for me.  Others can't stand the way it looks, or the way it feels, or the 10 round mags.  It looks the way it does because of the damned ATF.  But there are ways to fix that if you like...Keith Buckner has come up with a way to dye the rifle balck or OD green.  Special Weapons has designed a way to make it take AR mags, although it requires cutting the plastic receiver.  And soon, Special Weapons will be making a G36 style grip/buttstock for the rifle.

Funny, but I liked the gray.  The ATF made them not make it in green or black???

I am curious about the AR mag modification.   Will do some more checking, thanks.

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 1:59:23 PM EDT
[#3]
saw somehting on them recently about the receiver or mag well cracking..might have been at full-auto.com but i'm not sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top