Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/7/2005 6:01:02 AM EDT
I have a G36C foreward. I added the 2 side rails and a single front rail. I noticed on the 6 o'clock postion that before (looking down the barrel) the installed rail there are 2 additional mounting points for another rail. Wit hthat rail the 6 o'clock postion would be twice as long. Anyone know if that rail is just an addtional rail segment or something special?

Thanks,

Hep
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:56:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hepcat85:
I have a G36C foreward. I added the 2 side rails and a single front rail. I noticed on the 6 o'clock postion that before (looking down the barrel) the installed rail there are 2 additional mounting points for another rail. Wit hthat rail the 6 o'clock postion would be twice as long. Anyone know if that rail is just an addtional rail segment or something special?

Thanks,

Hep

I do not think that they are mounting points. The rivets that hold the heat shield in place are in there.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:05:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Raptor22:

Originally Posted By hepcat85:

Thanks,

Hep

I do not think that they are mounting points. The rivets that hold the heat shield in place are in there.

Hey Raptor!

Thanks for posting.

Duh. I think I knew that....since I drilled out the points to remove the HS. I pulled the foreward out and noticed the 2 points and wondered if I forgot to aquire a rail for it. Sheeeesh, time for more coffee. Too bad a longer 6 o'clock rail isn't to be had.

Thanks agin, good to "hear" from you.

Hep
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:34:36 AM EDT
Out of interest, where did you get the rails? I have a 36C and need some.

Thanks
Top Top