Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2001 9:26:08 AM EDT
I am interested in owning an HK-94 and have been looking to see if they are still being made for civilian sales.  It is the civilian version of the MP5. If it is being made, where might I find one.

Thanks.

This is what it looks like...
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:05:55 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am interested in owning an HK-94 and have been looking to see if they are still being made for civilian sales.  It is the civilian version of the MP5. If it is being made, where might I find one.

Thanks.

This is what it looks like...

They are no longer being imported into this country because of a ban on rifles that do not pose conform to a "sporting use."  They have not been imported since either 1989 or 1994.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:28:38 AM EDT
[#2]
True, they aren't being imported, but it is still possible to get your hands on one. It'll take some hunting, but usually you can find one or two on some of the gun auction sites, used. They will command a high price, since they usually get snapped up by folk who use it for an MP5 conversion.

I've seen them go for anywhere from 3-5k.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#3]
BTW, DO NOT get one of the Special Weapons pieces of crap.  They're called SW5, and the majority of them are turds.  They are simply expensive (malfunctioning) knockoffs that, since they are postban, must conform to different laws.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 12:24:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Let me say that you can get an SW5 assembled that is marvelous.
www.investmentgradefirearms.com
[email protected]

Type 7 FFL/SOT 2
Jayson can assemble one that runs like a Swiss watch.
Check his references on HK91.com.
Won't say HK but no difference in function.
I would not get a SW weapon from Todd for anything.
cpermd

Link Posted: 11/19/2001 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
True, they aren't being imported, but it is still possible to get your hands on one. It'll take some hunting, but usually you can find one or two on some of the gun auction sites, used. They will command a high price, since they usually get snapped up by folk who use it for an MP5 conversion.

I've seen them go for anywhere from 3-5k.

I saw one at the gun show this weekend for $3700, and it wasn't exactly in great shape.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Like the others before me have stated, they are no longer imported, but they can be had for a price. I purchased mine about 6 mo. ago for 3100.00. It is a true 98% gun, with no claw marks, scratches, and very few swipes of the safety across the finish of the receiver. I had to hunt for several months to find the one I wanted. You must also know that their are several variations on the HK 94. The one you show in the picture is the standard HK 94-A2, this means fixed stock, wide foregrip. This is the exact model that I have. You can also get an A3-collapsable stock, and wide and narrow foregrips on both the A2, and A3. Also, have you checked out the HK SP89? It looks like the MP5-PDW, without the collapsable stock. Very neat gun and fun to shoot, although not quite as accurate as the straight 94. No matter what you pick, you will be suprised by the accuracy and reliablity. As far as the special weapons stuff, I'm personally not a fan, but Several people really like them and that is great, difference and the ability to follow your own path is what makes this the good 'ol US of A. Just remember, in a world of compromise, some don't!

Chopperdave-
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 3:18:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
BTW, DO NOT get one of the Special Weapons pieces of crap.  They're called SW5, and the majority of them are turds.  They are simply expensive (malfunctioning) knockoffs that, since they are postban, must conform to different laws.

I agree, they are crap, but a HK 94 is crimebill compliant. How it was originally sold it is not a AW. It not importable through the 89 import ban.
GG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top