Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2004 3:31:00 PM EDT
Seems like a lot of folks are planning to put together HK94 clones. You can include me in that group. I'd like to start and keep on topic a thread of what US made parts that count as compliance parts are available and from whom?
Surfire RAS - US made counts as a piece of furniture
Receiver - ORF, Top-Notch parts
barrels - Top Notch

Can people start adding to the list?

Thanks,

Bomber
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I think if you register as a pistol, then none is a qiuck answer.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Handguard : surefire ras, surefire weaponlight, top notch handguard

Barrels : top notch

Trunion : top notch

Pistol Grips : top notch

Hammer : top notch / FAC  ?

Sear : top notch / FAC?

Cocking knob / Operating Rods : top notch.. us made?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Same with SBR.

The problem with these lists is that most parts are from top notch which is really special weapons.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Didn't ask that did I?

What I did ask was to have an "on topic a thread of what US made parts that count as compliance parts are available and from whom?".

You can make your pistol and that's fine. Some of us prefer to start with a rifle and need to start lining up parts. If you can't stay on topic....please move on.

Thanks,

Bomber
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Folding stock: Choate and Ace.
Grips: Falcon Industries/Ergo Grips
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:18:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Easy now, we're all friends here. No point in getting your panties in a bunch.  The thing is about this topic is it should be "how do I use as little US parts as possible?" or "how to complete 922 on the cheap?"  I know its not what you asked, but it should be.    Now to the real question.  
1) purchase a 10rd mag from top-notch, counts as 3 parts.  
2) US receiver is 1 part.
3) And one would be US forearm from top-notch 1 part.
4) Heres an extra one, find a US Hammer and US Sear, Jayson at IGF or Top-notch, 2 parts for ~ $30.

This will help keep the cost of the build down.  So you have the reciever 1, mag is $18 and forarm $25.  So for 5 US parts you're out $43 and whatever the fake can is.
Hope this helps

Quoted:

The problem with these lists is that most parts are from top notch which is really special weapons.

<----- Pretty much

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Easy now, we're all friends here. No point in getting your panties in a bunch.  The thing is about this topic is it should be "how do I use as little US parts as possible?" or "how to complete 922 on the cheap?"  I know its not what you asked, but it should be.    Now to the real question.  
1) purchase a 10rd mag from top-notch, counts as 3 parts.  
2) US receiver is 1 part.
3) And one would be US forearm from top-notch 1 part.
4) Heres an extra one, find a US Hammer and US Sear, Jayson at IGF or Top-notch, 2 parts for ~ $30.

This will help keep the cost of the build down.  So you have the reciever 1, mag is $18 and forarm $25.  So for 5 US parts you're out $43 and whatever the fake can is.
Hope this helps

Quoted:

<----- Pretty much

Thanks for you're understanding. I just didn't want to end up going around in circles on the pistol/rifle debate and wether a pistol is included and copies of letters from the ATF and blah blah.

Good input....thanks. Question, Does 922r count only at the time of manufacture/sale? In other words, the US POS magazine that came with the rifle shit the bed and I had to replace it with an Original HK magazine . Would that be OK?

Why does the magazine count as 3 parts?

Bomber
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:48:32 PM EDT
[#8]
   Follower, baseplate and body are the three.  You need it for 922 at the build process for sure and after.  But its kinda like the SAR8 from Greece that have the thermold 20rd.  Opps that really cheap , $1.97, HKmag fell into the rifle.

But the hammer, sear, and forearm that come from Top-notch don't have a US making and neither did the mag?  So how does the JBT know which is which if I dont?   BTW: I was a little pissed that I spent $43 and the parts look exactly like the POF parts in the kit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top