Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2003 8:08:40 PM EDT
I am very new to HK rifles.  I want to build a HK93 or HK53 clone but I don't know where to start other than the SW93 reciever.  Should I buy a HK33 parts kit?  What US parts are available for HK93/53 builds?
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

BikerScout
Sunny AZ
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Try http://www.vectorarms.com/  They seem to have a lot of parts kits and they carry SW recieves.  Also look at Dsarms.com,  usually known for their FAL stuff but do have parts kits.  For builders, try Ohio Rapid Fire, and Investment Grade Firearms both do great jobs.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:46:17 AM EDT
[#2]
BikerScout, I also have a guy who does builds.  Machine gun manufacturer for NYS police agencies.  Owns a huge welding and metal fabrication company as well.  Does excellent work at really cheap prices.  If you need another price quote let me know and I'll put you in touch with him.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:38:42 AM EDT
[#3]
WaMag: I have already been to those web sites.  Getting my reciever from Top Notch Parts.  

HR: Thanks, Send me his e-mail.

guess what I really need isn info on what parts these guys are using for their US parts and where to get them.  Their are a lot of parts out their and I don't know what I need.  Sure I can get a HK33 parts kit but what other parts do I need to get to make a legal gun?  I have always wanted a .223 HK.  I think it's about time I finally owned one.
For my first HK build I am doing a SW3.  Why?  Because I got a great deal on a SW3 parts kit.  After that I want to the .223 HK.  But, I don't know enough about these guns.  SW3 was easy in that it already had the required number of US parts.  I hate to spend $400-$500 on a parts kit only to throw half of it away to get my parts count right.  
I currently own two AGI videos and one book on HKs plus all the research I have done on the internet.  I still feel like I don't know enough.

BikerScout
Sunny AZ
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 9:05:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
WaMag: I have already been to those web sites.  Getting my reciever from Top Notch Parts.  

HR: Thanks, Send me his e-mail.

guess what I really need isn info on what parts these guys are using for their US parts and where to get them.  Their are a lot of parts out their and I don't know what I need.  Sure I can get a HK33 parts kit but what other parts do I need to get to make a legal gun?  I have always wanted a .223 HK.  I think it's about time I finally owned one.
For my first HK build I am doing a SW3.  Why?  Because I got a great deal on a SW3 parts kit.  After that I want to the .223 HK.  But, I don't know enough about these guns.  SW3 was easy in that it already had the required number of US parts.  I hate to spend $400-$500 on a parts kit only to throw half of it away to get my parts count right.  
I currently own two AGI videos and one book on HKs plus all the research I have done on the internet.  I still feel like I don't know enough.

BikerScout
Sunny AZ

Check over on www.hkpro.com. Those guys should be able to point you in the right direction or you just might find exactly what you are looking for with the search function.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top