Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2001 8:21:19 AM EDT
Were any of the HK's actually marked "G3" on the reciever?
Is this a valid HK serial # ?
HK492321
Found a guy selling one, says it is an actual HK. He says it has a flash hidder, threaded barrel and collapsable stock. There are no pics available so i want to make sure it is a real HK.
Any help would be great.
Thanks

Link Posted: 11/25/2001 9:13:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Mine is marked HK91 then a single letter prefix and a six digit serial #.  Under that will be a two letter date code along with the proof marks.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 9:34:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe G3 is the military nomenclature..probably denotes select fire...HK91 being the civilian semi-auto designation
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Go list your question at sturmgewehr's gen. disc. board.  There is a fellow over there Buddy Hinton, who is a real expert at this stuff.  From his postings I understand that he was a distributor of HK products for a long-time.  HK may have brought rifle other than HK91 marque.
www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/general.cgi
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 10:12:00 AM EDT
[#4]
All HK91's have a flash hider and threaded barrel.  My 91 has the serial number "A 0xxxxx" (x's being numbers).
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 1:49:08 PM EDT
[#5]
yes.  some semi-auto G3s were imported by SACO in the early 70's.  They even have a swing down lower but are semi-auto only guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top