Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/14/2004 7:56:29 AM EST
I have heard that the HK91 and clones will run this stuff. I know anybody with a M14/M1A or AR10 won't touch it. Anybody have any experiences with it in a HK. I just got a PTR-91 and will buy the cheaper Indian if it will run without breaking my rifle or blowing up in my face. Any experience

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:15:21 PM EST
The ammo is junk in any rifle, don't even waste your time buying it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:05:16 PM EST
If you want something that will shoot safely and is pretty accurate for surplus, get the Aussie.

It shoots great outa my PTR-91....
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:35:25 PM EST
Maybe I got an earlier batch, but my Indian SMLE and Chinese M1A like it.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:47:03 PM EST
I have put 800+ rounds of indian through mine and have only had 2 bad rounds that were spotted right out of the can. Both were bent brass, and for the price, how can I knock that ? I only pay $60 for a can of 640 rounds that I have to drive 10 minutes to pick up. I know its cheap surplus ammo, but I am using it for plate shooting and just having fun at the range. If I really wanted to shoot just for the sake of shooting small MOA, I would use a better round. As far as hurting the rifle, I think NOT. Lets face it, its a BATTLE RIFLE! Its made to take the use and abuse. I would agree that there is a lot better out there, but I would rather buy 640 rounds for $60 than spend the same for 60-80 rounds of something like Black Hills. I guess it depends on what or why you are out shooting to help determine the rounds you should use. IMHO....
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:55:40 PM EST
The indian ammo is very smokey and I think was designed only for signaling
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:51:55 AM EST
For some reason my 91 really doesn't like it. It will stop firing after 500 rounds or so because of the build up in the chamber. So I say put in a little more money for the Aussie stuff.
Top Top