Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2016 11:08:02 AM EDT
So I'm pretty much over building/buying AR's at this point. I have one in every caliber I need/want.
So I'm looking at new things that have sparked my interest. I saw an HK53 suppressed and sort of fell in love.
Where should I look to find a good 53 pistol form 1 candidate?
I swear I read somewhere of a rumor of Zenith coming out with something shorther than their current Z-43 but that could have just been a rumor.
I open to suggestions.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 12:38:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/13/2016 2:44:25 PM EDT by Ghoul]
the only 53 clone that I know that is currently in production is the CENTURY C93 Pistol.

but you can also find the VECTOR ARMS 53 pistol, COHARIE ARMS 53 pistol and BOBCAT 53 pisol on the secondary market (used). you'll just have to go the gun auction sites to find them.

10 years ago I bought a VECTOR ARMS 53 pistol, it eats and fires every factory brand of ammo I could get my hands on flawlessly, it isn't ammo "sensitive" so no jams, misfeeds etc.... so I went and SBR'd it

I will warn you that the HK factory mags for it are very expensive, like around 60-70 bucks a pop. but here is the nice thing, PROMAG makes a mag for them that is cheap, and the shocker is, IT WORKS. I bought one just to try it, worked flawlessly. so I went and bought a bunch more.

in my VECTOR it locked in with no issues. other folks with different manufacturer clones had to "tweek" the mag recess a bit. in order for the mag to lock in. still better then dumping a shit load of bucks for 1 factory mag

my 53:

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/HK53_WITH_100_ROUND_DRUM.jpg

Link Posted: 10/13/2016 7:01:32 PM EDT
Im happy with my PTR32-P. 8" barrel. I know its not 5.56, but cheap Wolf/Tula/Bear ammo runs great and wasnt cost-prohibitive like having a 53 built. Saker 762 sounds good on it also.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 10:07:22 PM EDT
Zenith said they had a z43K in the works, but they didnt have one on display at shot.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 11:17:22 PM EDT
Yeah I have a Vector clone and it's pretty good. Had to replace the locking key with the correct 53 one, and replaced the recoil spring with a new 53 spring. Had to modify my mag catch also cause the mags weren't seating correctly. If I had to do it all over again I would buy one of those Zenith Z43-P clones from Turkey MKE. I know it's a longer barrel, but it's going to be way better made, like HK quality. I'm loving my Zenith Mp5K clone, best HK clone that I own for sure.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 2:53:14 AM EDT
Like Ghoul said: go for an older Vector Arms V53. The current ones are hit-and miss as the poster above me has experienced.

One of the top three favorite firearms I own.

Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:06:22 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ghoul:

10 years ago I bought a VECTOR ARMS 53 pistol, it eats and fires every factory brand of ammo I could get my hands on flawlessly, it isn't ammo "sensitive" so no jams, misfeeds etc.... so I went and SBR'd it

I will warn you that the HK factory mags for it are very expensive, like around 60-70 bucks a pop. but here is the nice thing, PROMAG makes a mag for them that is cheap, and the shocker is, IT WORKS. I bought one just to try it, worked flawlessly. so I went and bought a bunch more.

in my VECTOR it locked in with no issues. other folks with different manufacturer clones had to "tweek" the mag recess a bit. in order for the mag to lock in. still better then dumping a shit load of bucks for 1 factory mag

my 53:

View Quote

I did the same.. I have a Vector and it runs great. I have a Flemming Sear Pack and it runs 100%. Also I have had no issues with the promags. I purchased a couple of HK mags just to have them, but will use the promags as range mags.

Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:36:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 5:19:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/25/2016 8:27:35 PM EDT by Clicker58]
Originally Posted By FNGfromGA:

I did the same.. I have a Vector and it runs great. I have a Flemming Sear Pack and it runs 100%. Also I have had no issues with the promags. I purchased a couple of HK mags just to have them, but will use the promags as range mags.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FNGfromGA:
Originally Posted By Ghoul:

my 53:

Much the same experience for me but it took 3 guns before I found a keeper. The problem was the barrel on the first 2 pointed upward, same deal with one purchased by a friend during that timeframe. I sent the first one back to Vector and they replaced it with another that had the same crooked barrel / cocking tube so I sold it. A few years later I found another at a LGS and it looked pretty straight so I bought it. Runs great with my LaFrance pack & Promags also.

The only bitch is the rear of the receiver isn't formed exactly to spec and none of my German A2 stocks will fit so it wears the Vector supplied A3.

They used MKE receivers on lots of these and they never stamped the rails square so that's a dead giveaway. These MKE receivers also have the correct cocking handle slot and stamping of "bosses" along the sides of the trunnion.

Link Posted: 10/14/2016 7:35:23 PM EDT
I bought a Century C93 Pistol new for $535 last year. It wouldn't reliably eject with my M4-2000 attached until I swapped its HK33 ejector for a 53 ejector. That was the only hiccup I had with it. Runs great with a registered pack too. I'm planning to add a paddle mag release.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 2:13:33 AM EDT
My old Vector 53 eats everything

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:16:43 PM EDT

"How to Talk to your Cat about Gun Safety"

LOL!
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:39:27 AM EDT
My C93 Pistol runs like a sewing machine.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:31:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:28:58 PM EDT
I have a Vector V53P that runs with no problems with my Fleming sear. My only gripe is that the cocking tube is not true. When the cocking handle is locked back, the handle is almost vertical and parallel to the front sight.

Am I the only one that uses a 4 prong flash hider? It rings from time to time after the last shot.

I have no problems running the MKE polymer magazines in it, either.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:24:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/26/2016 2:25:32 AM EDT by Mr_Maim]
Originally Posted By TheYellowThing:
I have a Vector V53P that runs with no problems with my Fleming sear. My only gripe is that the cocking tube is not true. When the cocking handle is locked back, the handle is almost vertical and parallel to the front sight.

Am I the only one that uses a 4 prong flash hider? It rings from time to time after the last shot.

View Quote

I removed mine for this very reason. The frequency that the three I tried cuts right through my ear pro and annoyed the heck out of me. Love the look, hate the tuning fork. I bent one tine and that fixed it but I removed that FH anyhow because it impacted accuracy.
Top Top