Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2002 4:14:26 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience with this 22lr pistol? Is it anywhere near accurate and dose it function ok?
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:10:33 AM EDT
[#1]
i hear they are sheeit. i belive the quote was "biggest gun mistake i ever made"
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got one and it's a lot of fun to shoot and draws attention from others. BUT it's magazine sensitive, has to be kept very clean and it's been known to break firing pins. I've never broke a firing pin but some of my 10/22 mags work better than others. Shooting lead nosed bullets will cause mine to be a single-shot pistol very quickly if I don't keep it clean, try different brands of copper bullets to see which one feeds/cycles best for yours. I wouldn't trust my life with mine but it's still fun to take out and plink with.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 8:18:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Most of them are shit.  But, some of them can be a lot of fun.

Like "booger-hooker" says.  If you keep them well cleaned, and use good mags, they will function...for a while.  They tend to dirty up really fast.  They aren't exactly accurate, but what do you expect?  You should be able to get one cheap, and blast away with it while having a good time.  If it doesn't work right, sell it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 10:43:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Do not use lead bullets.  Use only copper-coated.

Use only Ramline high-capacity mags.

Get an activator (really meant for Ruger 10/22, but works good on a Tec22 as well).

Have fun.

Link Posted: 5/14/2002 10:44:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh, and buy a couple extra firing pins.  You'll eventually need them.

Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info, I have not gotten it yet due to Md. 7 day wait. I only paid $150 for it so I guess I can't get hurt too bad.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 5:12:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Anyone have any experience with this 22lr pistol? Is it anywhere near accurate and dose it function ok?

They sell for $100-$150 (preban) around here with one mag.  In general, they're jam-o-matics.  

Incidentally, use clean ammo (yeah, .22 isn't known for that) and only jacketed stuff.  If it gets too dirty, it won't work or they can go full auto sporadically.  Yup, it sounds cool.  but, aside from the Maryland authorities taking a dim view of that, remember that it may not stop firing even after you take your finger off the trigger.  (Witnessed here in Wisconsin at a public gun range.)

Oh, and go for those hot lips mags.  If you want the mag to last, try to find a "Steel Lips" variant.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#8]
150????  Shoot..... you don't see that around here...... but then .......... if you look at Gun Broker... it's over 250
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 5:48:50 PM EDT
[#9]
What a POS.  Complete waste of $175.  Three shots, jam.  Clean.  Five shots, jam.  Clean.  Repeat ad nauseaum.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 5:50:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What a POS.  Complete waste of $175.  Three shots, jam.  Clean.  Five shots, jam.  Clean.  Repeat ad nauseaum.

True.... but if you find the right kind of ammo, it's fine.  Mine worked w/ the Remington Bulk 22LR ammo.... the ones you can get at Wally World.  Managed to shoot over 200 rnds before it needed to be cleaned or a jam.  But it was due to a under powered round.

It's not uncommon to have a firearm be picky about ammo.  

Link Posted: 5/18/2002 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
i hear they are sheeit. i belive the quote was "biggest gun mistake i ever made"

The biggest mistake was getting an AB-10.  Barrel rifling .... what rifling......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top