Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 7:58:17 AM EDT
I've got a ruger 10/22 w/ a LRM VIDAR suppressed barrel and the Volquartsen Custom TG2000 trigger group.

When I fire the rifle, The bolt group will retract, eject the spent case, and chamber a fresh round, but the trigger doesn't reset.

Ammo doesn't seem to make a difference as I get the same malfunction using a wide assortment of ammo from Ely Tennex match stuff, CCI Mini-Mags, and all sorts of "brick" .22LR

Anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting?

echo6

edit for spelling
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:05:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I had the same problem. Take the stock off and see if any of the pins have worked themselves out one side of the receiver.
I ended up putting a piece of tape over the side were the pins were.
Hope thats it.
Chip
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:03:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I had the same problem. Take the stock off and see if any of the pins have worked themselves out one side of the receiver.
I ended up putting a piece of tape over the side were the pins were.
Hope thats it.
Chip

The pins holding the trigger group in are secure.

echo6
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:14:17 AM EDT
[#3]
With the action removed from the stock and the barrel removed from the receiver-

Doing a functions check, if the bolt is retracted, and ridden forward, the trigger is reset.

If the bolt is retracted, then released and allowed to fly forward using the energy from the recoli spring, the trigger does not reset.

Short of pitching the TG2000 and replacing it with the stock trigger assembly (now in another 10/22) what can be done to correct the issue? any thoughts?

echo6
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:03:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Put the OEM trigger group back in and the rifle works as intended ( not sure if the 3 miles of trigger pull across a gravel road was intended or not tho ) So the problem is in the TG2000.

Any idea what could be causing the trigger to not reset on the Volqu. trigger group? Bolt bounce like an AR maby?

Should a stronger spring (the one behind the hammer) solve the problem?

echo6
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:59:07 PM EDT
[#6]

It must be something in the trigger group itself then.
I tried switching the hammer springs between the two trigger groups, but still got the same malf. w/ the volqu. trigger group. I'm getting ready to leave for the weekend so I'll give them a call when I get back on Monday.

Really wish the good trigger was working right...going to be a shoot-off of sorts against a bunch of high dollar air-rifles. The stock trigger group opens my groupings WAY up.

With all the smack I've been talking the last few months about the "BB" guns, I need every advantage I can get.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:56:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:03:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you want, I have a match trigger group built by Randy at CPC that you can borrow for the weekend. If you've got time to stop by and pick it up, let me know and I'll go pull it out of my rifle.

Now that, gentlemen,  is a true friend.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:39:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you want, I have a match trigger group built by Randy at CPC that you can borrow for the weekend. If you've got time to stop by and pick it up, let me know and I'll go pull it out of my rifle.

Now that, gentlemen,  is a true friend.  

Osprey you have no idea. Tony_K is one of the FINEST Gentlemen I have ever had the honor of calling my friend.

echo6
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:09:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top