Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/7/2001 2:50:36 PM EDT
I orderd an upper receiver from them the week before Thanksgiving and have yet to receive any response from them. I did e-mail them about 10 days ago and they said that they were very buisy but that they would get it right out. Is this normal for them? I hear that they have great merchandise, but do they always take a long time to respond?
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 3:18:26 PM EDT
Thinking that Gunsmoke must be good we ordered from them and it was a mistake.
First they sent us a USED upper. That should have told us something. It should speak to everyone.
They replaced the used upper with an upper they built with a non Bushmaster upper receiver.
We sent it to Bushmaster with the receipt and they made us happy. We conclude that Gunsmoke believes that anyone that would buy from them is stupid and should be ripped off. They must do some people right, but not us.
Do yourself a big favor and buy from Bushmaster direct.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 3:24:24 PM EDT
Hell, I order stuff from them and the order was incomplete. I returned it and didn't get a refund on my card.
I ended up having to call my CC company and do it through them.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 3:49:26 PM EDT
I ordered a set of M4 handguards and a Bushmaster bolt/carrier from them. Got the M4 guards, and they were beat up, very dirty, and had oil on the haet shields. I was not impressed.

On the bolt/carrier, I noticed it did not look exactly like my other Bushmaster carrier, so I called Bushmaster, and they told be from the way the carrier key is staken on mine, that it is not a Bushmaster carrier.

Needless to say I am not too pleased. To Ed/Gunsmoke's defense, I did call him to ask about these issues, and he offered to replace them. That is honorable... but I really dont want the hassle, delay, and cost of shipping them back, so I elected to keep them.

I am not sure, but I will probably not order from them again.... when I want a specific item.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 4:48:10 PM EDT
Anti told me he puts everything together from parts.

This is the first I've heard of bad stuff coming from them. I remember hearing all kinds of good stuff about them 3 years ago and I bought my bushmaster upper from them. It seems to be all bushmaster and new.

Maybe he found out he could make more money by substituting parts for others and most people wouldn't know. If they do then he replaces them so he can keep a good name. Ofcourse he might not be doing this too but it sounds like a good scam to me. Oh yeah, I ordered about 20 different things from him as well all at good prices and I received them all new. I haven't dealt with them in the last 1.5 years though.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 5:20:13 PM EDT
I ordered a Bushmaster lower...got a black pistol grip and a green A2 stock...I had canceled a Rock River order with green furniture and changed my order to a Bushmaster Lower...Ed offered to exchange the green for black...and now I gotta wonder if I actually got Bushmaster internal parts?
What a hassle this is gonna be....lesson?...order directly from Bushmaster I guess...
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 7:59:34 PM EDT
I ordered a new pre-ban Bushmaster Teflon mag. It wasn't new, it was used. Don't deal with them. Just order directly from Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 8:59:43 PM EDT
Three weeks ago I ordered 3 barreled uppers, 2 A2 uppers, bolt carriers, handguards and other small parts (on a Friday morning). The package was here Monday afternoon and everything was in perfect, new condition.

I've done business with Jack several times and will do it again.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 1:52:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DnPRK:
Three weeks ago I ordered 3 barreled uppers, 2 A2 uppers, bolt carriers, handguards and other small parts (on a Friday morning). The package was here Monday afternoon and everything was in perfect, new condition.

I've done business with Jack several times and will do it again.

Hmmm, well his name is Ed, not Jack.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 9:49:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FALARAK:

On the bolt/carrier, I noticed it did not look exactly like my other Bushmaster carrier, so I called Bushmaster, and they told be from the way the carrier key is staken on mine, that it is not a Bushmaster carrier.

What is the proper way Bushmaster stakes their keys? I have a Bushmaster video, and they stake it 3 times on each screw. Is this right? I also have a BM carrier that is staked twice on each.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 1:42:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/8/2001 1:35:51 PM EDT by FALARAK]

Originally Posted By Kalifornia:

Originally Posted By FALARAK:

What is the proper way Bushmaster stakes their keys? I have a Bushmaster video, and they stake it 3 times on each screw. Is this right? I also have a BM carrier that is staked twice on each.

Interesting!

When I called Bushmaster, they said they only stake their keys twice per screw, on the 3 and 9 o'clock position (holding the carrier vertically with the bolt up.)

The guy I talke to at Bushmaster told me, that if it had three stake marks, it is probably not theirs. I don't know if he knew what he was talking about or not.

My carrier that came in an upper direct from bushy was just like this, with two stakes per screw.

The one I got from gunsmoke, has three stake marks... 3,9, and 6 on the upper screw, and 3,9, and 12 o'clock on the lower screw.

I am starting to think it is probably a bushmaster carrier, and they stake them differently... hmmmm..
Top Top