Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2003 3:34:50 PM EDT
Recently bought a couple of guns at a show without filling out paperwork,a guy was selling his personal guns.My question is that if these guns are not registered to me and my house is searched would these guns be illegal?
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:39:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Shouldnt be. Registered means you have to answer for the weapon.
GG
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:42:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:54:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Recently bought a couple of guns at a show without filling out paperwork,a guy was selling his personal guns.My question is that if these guns are not registered to me and my house is searched would these guns be illegal?

As long as the guns aren't stolen, and haven't been used in the commission of a crime, you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats the only problem buying long guns from other folks.  It might be stolen or used in the commission of a crime.  If the popo ever find out, they get it and you get nothing.  I bought a minty preban target model for $400! From a guy who was going to jail if he didnt catch up with his child support.  I took it to the police station and they ran the serial number to make sure it wasnt stolen.  They were really friendly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top