Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2001 5:37:13 AM EDT
I went to Walmart and they had some Remington Gun socks that I had read about people here using so I bought a bunch. I figure that it will be good to put the socks on the guns in the safe to prevent scratches.

I also have a gun that I store in a soft case in my closet. Is it overkill for me to put the gun in the sock and then in the soft case? Any potential problems if I leave the socks on long term (years) in the safe?
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 5:41:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the Sock is also silicon treated, right?  This should help guard against corrosion, especially if you don't keep your gun in a safe with a dehumidifier.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 5:44:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, they are silicone treated.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 8:24:35 AM EDT
[#3]
When storing guns in cases, ventilation is key to preventing corrosion.  The gun socks are fine for protecting guns from dust, scratches, and hand oils.  They are treated to resist rust and they will allow decent airflow.  I don't think you should put one inside a sock inside a soft case though.  Use one or the other.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top