Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 3:30:19 PM EDT
I have attempted to sell or trade my PTR-91 twice now, and both parties have complained that the stocks being three different colors of green was disappointing and have ruled out my rifle for their consideration.

They are all subtly different colors; when I set out to buy them that was all that was available at that time.

I have been told that the rifle would be more desireable if the stocks matched. I am thinking of Kryloning the stocks to OD green, or even putting a camo finish on them, although I am not sold on the concept of "partial camo." Seems to be silly not to do the whole thing.

Advice? I'd like to put this rifle on the EE and sell or trade the it but I want the buyer to be happy.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:54:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/19/2008 3:55:21 PM EDT by kevhogAZ]
All I needed was a wide forearm, to make mine the way I wanted it. The only ones available at the time, were green. I had a guy at work do the Dura-coat treatment to the handguard, and it came out pretty nice. You might consider doing all 3 of your pieces the same way. I just realized the picture doesn't show much detail, but gives yu an idea of how it looks all decked out in black.

Top Top