Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2002 2:42:57 PM EDT
Hey I keep finding this stuff for very cheap.  Is it worthy to shoot out of my AR, or is it more of a Mini 14 type of ammo.  Any feedback from users with personal experience would be appreciated.

pvtJoker
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 7:22:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Its cheap for a reason...it short strokes in my BM Dissipator at least four times per 30round mag.

Link Posted: 4/1/2002 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Shot 5 rounds, of which only 2 went BOOM.  I was worried about one going off after ejecting it so I threw the rest away because of the potential for an injury...or worse.

Steer clear!
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 7:52:11 PM EDT
[#3]
i buy the newer guatamalan from Tapco. mine has production dates of 1991-93 and i think its top notch for the $. i would rate it better than southafrican and pretty much equal with Q3131a (no really, im not kidding) now i have shot some guatamalan from JG Sales that was in opened camo battlepacks and dated in the 80s and it too was crap. go for the newer stuff. someone here posted that it was made under contract Olin.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd agree with DD.  Last Sunday, my brother-in-law & I went through 2 bp's each; me with a bushy car and bushy 20-incher, him with a ranch rifle.  I had 2 ftf's, both with my funkiest magazine.  He had zero.  Groups were 1 (very luck) to 3.5 moa, most at 100 yds, but a bunch at 200/250.  Both of us ordered from J&G about 6 weeks ago.  Mine was all '89 headstamp, his were '91.  I'd get more, but J&G is out.

-hanko

Quoted:
Hey I keep finding this stuff for very cheap.  Is it worthy to shoot out of my AR, or is it more of a Mini 14 type of ammo.  Any feedback from users with personal experience would be appreciated.

pvtJoker

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top