Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2010 2:12:03 PM EDT

SO I bought a lot of preped 9mm brass not to long ago. Thinking it was good to go I cleaned it and primed it up by hand. Once I started loading I found that my bullets fell straight to the bottom. WTF! Thinking it was only one or two I keep going and yea me they all were like this. Dang it! So now that I have already mixed all the new with my old brass I have to go and resize every freaken piece to make sure I get it all.

Lesson Learned I guess.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 2:37:20 PM EDT
I don't care if it's new brass, range pickup, or traded for (I don't buy it.), I always clean, inspect, and decap/resize all my brass before I final inspect it to decide on it's ultimate use.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:02:06 PM EDT
Most of the time prepped means nothing more than deprimed and tumbled clean. I imagine that's what you got.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:06:01 PM EDT

Yea I know that now and am hateing life. 1,000 rounds traded for and I have to go through everything now.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:46:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By COSteve:
I don't care if it's new brass, range pickup, or traded for (I don't buy it.), I always clean, inspect, and decap/resize all my brass before I final inspect it to decide on it's ultimate use.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:58:50 PM EDT
I also keep my brass seperated until I know it's going to be ok. Even new brass is kept seperate. Several years ago I purchased some new .380 brass with MIDWAY head stamp. I am glad I kept it seperate because this brass was VERY thin and some would crush while being crimped. I don't crimp very much at all but this brass was so thin it would wrinkle them. They even weighed less!!
Top Top