Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2002 11:07:10 AM EDT
Guys I just had my dealer order the DSA Medium Contour Tactical Rifle just like DSA shows it in on their website with the Type 1 receiver,  do you guys have a different reciever preference and why please?  Thanks for any and all replies on this matter. Am-O-Tramp
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:11:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I got the type 1 receiver, cuz I didn't want the carry handle (its a rifle, not a suitcase) My understanding is the the type 1 was the better setup for not having a carryhandle.

I beleive the type 2 had the lightening cuts, which was for minimizing sand exposure, or for full auto, or for weight reduction or something.

I went with the type 1 under the theory more is better.

The differences are so minimal, I don't think its a decision I would fret over long. Either will be fine. talk with the guys at DSA, tell them what you want, and then have them make a arecommendation.

yer gonna LOVE this rifle, my friend.

PICS when you get it!!!!

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 2:04:54 PM EDT
[#2]
The difference between the types I and II is the extra scallop at the rear of the receiver.  Otherwise both types have lightening cuts.  For semi-auto users, the change is cosmetic.  For full auto users, FN added the scallop as reinforcement for the rear lug area.  There were concerns that the rear lug could crack under sustained full auto use.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys for the info, I am glad I went ahead with the #1 receiver.  I figured the #1 was the best choice because the rifle comes from the factory with the #1, but the other choices caused me some doubt so I felt I should ask just to be sure I was not making a mistake. It is great to be able to come here and get unbiased opinions and answers about such matters. Thanks again Am-O-Tramp.

grandman when i get it I'll post pictures.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top