Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 12:34:34 PM EDT
I'm new to the NFA game and just received my first stamp for my SBR build!!!  Needless to say, I am very excited.  While out in the field with my new toy I know I need to have my approved form 1 and stamp.  

Question:  Does it need to be the original?  If so, can I laminate it?

I have the waterproof battery tubes on my stock and what I wanted to do was shrink down a copy of the original and get that copy laminated... then roll that copy up and put it in the battery tube so it is always with the gun.  That would let me put the original in the safe.  

Will this work?

Thanks so much!

Here is a pic so far... can't wait to go finish it out now!!!!!
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p52/ghorn_2006/AR2.jpg
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, make a copy.
Keep the original in your safe...

ETA:
Not sure about shrinking it, should probably be full size. Definitely needs to be legible...

ETAA: Not a lawyer...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:50:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Downsized to 1/4 of original size and laminated copy is common practice.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#3]
i made credit card sized copies of all my form 1s. you can still barely read them, and i keep them in my wallet.

when i take the title II firearms out, i take larger sized copies with but there have been times when i forgot those larger sized copies. so the wallet ones are a backup to keep the gun(s) from getting confiscated. i have to to be checked for paperwork.

of course, when i get my M16, i'm sure that'll change. i'll make DAMN sure i have full sized copies for any LEO to check when i'm out playing what that...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Whatever you do, DO NOT laminate the original.

Then do what the other posts suggest. Copies, smaller copies, laminated copies, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top