Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2001 11:24:14 AM EDT

Was looking at a T-44 1.5 moa one today. It had the triangle, and used the fiber optics for light.

First, do these compact ACOGs come with the illuminated reticles? Are there any cons to having the illuminated reticles?

Secondly,  was wondering if you would be able to see the triangle at night? I know that it uses the fiber optics to gather light, bt how much light is needed to run the thing? Does it hold a charge so to speak?

I like these because it mounts good on my carry handle, and it's so lightweight. I'd like to jump on this one, but wonder if I should hold out for a different model.

Anyway, any input would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 12:06:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 1:32:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It's 1.5x magnification.  The recticle is 'lit' by Tritium in dark conditions but the fiber optic tube will attempt to draw any available light to help 'power' it.  The fiber optics are terrific for daylight, dawn & dusk conditions.  I have the 44-5 (dot) and love it.

So it will work at night then? If so, then is there any major advantage to the illuminated reticles?

The reason I had a question at all was because I noticed that when covering up the fiber optics, the triangle would disapear. But then, I was looking at it inside during the day.

Are there any other models that anybody would recommend?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top