Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2014 2:06:13 PM EDT
First off, got my trust through 199 trust ($99) very quick and easy process. The website explains everything you need to know for each area. Quick  responses by staff and additional info included in email. First timers I highly recommend giving them a shot. Same questioner as one issued to friend who paid for lawyer, so trust look the same.

Now, I need a suppressor for my rifle. I currently have a  Spikes 11.5" upper and awaiting my stamp for SBR. They pita that that was to get is what made me go for trust this time. I do have a plan for a 14.5 mid length and a rifle length AR in the near future. So one to work with all three would be best. I never shot with a suppressor or owned one so I am clueless on brands. Are their good sites to shop multiple brands besides silencer shop? Obviously I want one with QD mounts to go between three rifles, other than that not much criteria.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 2:17:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Most people here know way more than I, so listen to them.  But I have to say, the Griffin Armament M4SD II looks interesting and I might try that next.  I went with a Specwar 556, in jail, but have the Specwar 762.  

I bet your best bet, though, would be a Saker 762 and use a 556 end cap.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 2:18:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I recently used Silencer Shop out of TX for my first time buys.....

Silencer Shop

...just seen you said besides SS
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 2:24:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm relatively new to the suppressor world as well, but I would suggest you do a bit more of your own research, and then come ask questions where you do not understand some of the specifics.  Read through all these threads as well as online resources.  Silencer Shop generally has very good prices, but some, like West Fork Armory, have better on several items.

Do you plan to transfer your SBR to the trust?  What is the most important characteristic of a suppressor to you?  Will you be using it on multiple calibers?  Etc...
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 2:30:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Also check Capitol Armory and Gamaliel Shooting Supply. They're two (of the many) Industry Partners here, and have both been helpful as I shopped around.

Since you're in Ohio, you might also check with ADCO.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Plan on staying with 556 for rifles but will expand to a 9mm later on for pistols.

Characteristics; decibel reduction, length, weight.

SBR may be transferred at later date.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 3:14:42 PM EDT
[#6]
There are some good stocking dealers in the Columbus area with inventory you can get started on right now.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 3:17:08 PM EDT
[#7]
look at silencerco, aac, surefire, and liberty.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 3:52:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

First off, got my trust through 199 trust ($99) very quick and easy process. The website explains everything you need to know for each area. Quick  responses by staff and additional info included in email. First timers I highly recommend giving them a shot. Same questioner as one issued to friend who paid for lawyer, so trust look the same.

Now, I need a suppressor for my rifle. I currently have a  Spikes 11.5" upper and awaiting my stamp for SBR. They pita that that was to get is what made me go for trust this time. I do have a plan for a 14.5 mid length and a rifle length AR in the near future. So one to work with all three would be best. I never shot with a suppressor or owned one so I am clueless on brands. Are their good sites to shop multiple brands besides silencer shop? Obviously I want one with QD mounts to go between three rifles, other than that not much criteria.
View Quote

Just an FYI you shouldn't be in possession of a short upper without a legal way to configure it so I hope you have a pistol lower.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Where are you in Ohio?
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just an FYI you shouldn't be in possession of a short upper without a legal way to configure it so I hope you have a pistol lower.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I'm aware, I'm legal

I'm southwest ohio
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'm southwest ohio
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm southwest ohio

Bummer ... safe1's shoot is coming up next weekend in NE Ohio ... if you were nearby I could've brought some toys for you to play with.

Unfortunately I'm not sure what NFA dealers are in your area.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 7:00:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Do not chase the 1-4 decibels, your ear will not likely tell what the machine can hear. With that said try to listen to as many suppressors as you can, the "tone or pitch" may be different to your ear than my ear. Does that make sense?

I would stick with one of the big name companies, you cannot go wrong with any one of them.

Owner of:
SDN-6
.45 Osprey
Sparrow

Waiting for two others to get  out of jail, the damn things are addictive.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 1:29:45 AM EDT
[#13]
EDIT: Nevermind
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 3:38:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Also check Capitol Armory and Gamaliel Shooting Supply. They're two (of the many) Industry Partners here, and have both been helpful as I shopped around.

Since you're in Ohio, you might also check with ADCO.
View Quote
Thanks for posting the link.  Found the Osprey 45 in stock at Capitol.  

Now the wait begins
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thanks for posting the link.  Found the Osprey 45 in stock at Capitol.
View Quote

No problem. I've recommended them a few times recently. They have at least one person somewhat active on this site, and have their own Industry Forum. I have nothing against SS (I recently ordered my 4th suppressor from them), but everybody knows their name and so sometimes they're out of stock.

In every instance so far, Capitol has had one in stock, for the same price or even less (by $10 one time). CA does charge $8.95 shipping based on what I read (vs free at SS), but that's a very small price to pay to get the paperwork started on an item that's available now.

Best I can tell from iPhone maps, they're only ~4 miles away from SS...so even the locals have another option.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:45:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Went shopping at the local Class 3 dealer and spoke with the silencer guru. He suggested that I pick up a 30 cal can b/c i can shoot 556 and 30cal stuff through it. I said all I had was 556 and he, sales man to the core, said you plan for the future. 300 blackout is a great suppressed round and fits in 556 mags, uppers are easy to swap.

Do all cans go down in size? If I get the same mount as the can am I able to swap out? Is 300 blackout hard to find or expensive compared to 556?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Went shopping at the local Class 3 dealer and spoke with the silencer guru. He suggested that I pick up a 30 cal can b/c i can shoot 556 and 30cal stuff through it. I said all I had was 556 and he, sales man to the core, said you plan for the future. 300 blackout is a great suppressed round and fits in 556 mags, uppers are easy to swap.

Do all cans go down in size? If I get the same mount as the can am I able to swap out? Is 300 blackout hard to find or expensive compared to 556?
View Quote

They 7.62 Specwar will fit 5.56 mounts. Same thing with the Saker. These are the only rifle cans I have hands on experience with but there are other cans that will do this.

.300 Blackout is fairly easy to find now. It is pricey, about .85 cents a round and even more for the subsonics, but it does suppress very nicely. Uses same mags as 5.56. I started with a 7.62 rifle can and now have 2 and 1 5.56 can since it is a tad lighter and smaller.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top