Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2003 12:12:59 PM EDT
I went down to my local FFL dealer and was going to have a barrel on my shotgun shortened. He knows my interests in all sort of things and shows me his gun wholesale magazine. I look and I seer the ad for the RC K98s. About $250. I then turn the page and there are other RC K98's for $197. It says they have good bores and all amrkings intact. I am so impressed with the price I tell my FFL to order me one. Needless to say, I spent many hours up at night thinking of how bad it was going to be since it was only $197. Thoughts of dinged markings, dark bores, a K98 that laid on the steps of Russia for too long kept me up a night. Well my FFL called and it was in. I was more than impressed! It is a CE 41 and all markings are clear and very clean. There is a marking on the reciever that I assume is the dreaded Russian "X" but it doesn't look like one. Import mark next to the bayo lug, of course. Also, the best part, there are no electro-pencil marks on the bolt or floorplate! The bore is bright and shiny with very good riflings. I can't wait to take it to the range.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I like my RC K98 also.  I haven't shot it yet, though.
They are reasonably priced.  I understand that the Russians took all of them apart and reassembled them not worrying about matching the numbers, so they are not considered collectors items.
The different markings are interesting to look at.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:06:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I can see those commie factory workers with huge piles of 98 parts. Grab an action from one pile , a stock from another, a bolt from another, and so on.
I enjoy the RC's myself andfind them to be interesting shootable history. The price I feel is still a biy high for these, but compared to bring back pieces they work fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top