Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 11:17:55 AM EDT
I paid $1390 shipped for the HK, it has the folding HK bipod and 5 mags. It's an early Saco import with poly barrel. Furniture is rough but overall it is in great shape. The SAR is like new except for some rubbing on the lower edge of the ejection port, as if it was leaned on something that was moved and the rifle slid down it about 3 inches, also with hk bipod and 4 mags for $1310 shipped.

I was going to chop the SAR to 16.25" but now I am not so sure, and I damn well am not going to chop the HK!

S.O.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Pics?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Dude...  you stole that Saco gun.  

good job!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Pics?

Not yet, I haven't even gotten home with them yet, then I have to get ready to go to work.

S.O.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:36:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Dude...  you stole that Saco gun.  

good job!

Thanks. I advertised for "shooter grade" HK-91s as I had plans to cut down one and add a "French" A-3 stock, add a Knights railed forearm and really whore it out and was actually HOPING it was going to look as shitty as it did in the pics I was sent so I wouldn't feel bad about it. Now I am having second thoughts.....

Guess I'll have to buy another "shooter grade" to cut down.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:50:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I never get a gun BEFORE work...only time I ever did, I called in sick and went shooting....temptation was WAY too high....you're a better man than me
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#6]
nice buy that the 91!!!!  

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:48:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Why can't I ever find 91's for that kind of change. Everything around here is usually still over 2 grand. One local a--hole dealer is looking to get $4500 for a 91 with original claw mount and German scope.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#8]
i want a 91...only becuase im behind the lines here in NY...

I already have a PTR91.....im ready and willing to sell it to get $ towards a true 91.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:10:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Those are good prices on both guns. The $1300 for the HK is early 90's prices. The $1300 for an SAR is good to go too. How bout some pics comparing the two? I've had both, and the SAR's are every bit as good as the HK's.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Those are good prices on both guns. The $1300 for the HK is early 90's prices. The $1300 for an SAR is good to go too. How bout some pics comparing the two? I've had both, and the SAR's are every bit as good as the HK's.

Beleive it or not, I am still in the 20th century and dont own a digi cam. I have to borrow my parents...

Niether of them have any claw marks on them and the finish is VG+, bores are shiny and crisp. The plastic boot on the cocking handle of the SAR needs to be replaced, it is missing.

The HK has crosses hand etched into both sides of the beavertail handguard and the stock, apparently, the guy who owned it was a religious man....Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

What is really kinda neat, and the reaason I got it so cheap was that on the inside of the handguard and on the actual barrel the owner, original I assume, wrote with eletric pencil his SS#, Name, Rank, and Service branch and specialty. Staff Seargant Cesslery of the USAF Security Police....Kinda cool. Sucks that he wrote it on the barrel but it kinda adds character and a mystique to it. Kinda odd though as he marked it as if it was a patrol weapon and not a personal weapon. Perhaps it was simply to ID it as his if it was ever stolen....

I have always read that the 91 recoil was more stiff than FAL recoil but I couldn't tell the difference. Like the FAL though, it is a little long in the stock for a smaller guy like me and is quite a reach. It really beats the shit out my Hirtenberger brass though. A port buffer will lessen it I hope, both dents in the side and in the case mouth. Will reforming them through a sizer die restore them?

S.O.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top