Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2009 8:05:00 AM EDT
Finally, after drooling over bullpups and the AUG since I was just a wee lad...I ordered an MSAR.  I waited and waited, searched them out at local gun stores...and said screw it, I'm getting my FFL and starting a home business.  With the sale going on now was the time.   And....

I love it.  It's so cool, I know I'm being queer.   I have several AR's, AK's plus untold others...and this BY FAR is my favorite.  I just need to get to a range and shoot it.  I don't care if the trigger doesn't feel like the JP on my competition AR.   I don't care if mag changes are not as quick.  With time and rounds downrange this will come.  I got the optic version and ordered the top rail just in case I change my mind.  I bought a bunch of mags in all sizes, then just ordered some more today from ratworx ( I wish I knew about them earlier).  

I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!

Here is a pic I took on my kitchen counter because I was so excited.

Do I have issues??????
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 8:07:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes you do. BUT It's a good thing.
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 8:12:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 8:54:07 AM EDT
[#3]
If you think you have issues now.....................Wait till you take it to the range and shoot it!
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 9:43:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats!!   ... I got mine a few weeks ago and I feel the same way  
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 10:14:36 AM EDT
[#5]
be sure to post pics of your range report!
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah let's get a range report from you.

Enjoy the rifle.

max
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 3:22:36 PM EDT
[#7]
No issues. Looks like you've got the latest STG 556 so you don't even have to send it in for a conversion to the E4 if you want to go that route at some point since you can just swap out the stocks between the two. You should also have the improved extractor design so you should be totally good to go.

You do have the old thread pitch of 13x1 L/H though so if you want to change flash hiders you'll have to either get the adapter or order one special from YHM or Vortex.

Other than that just make sure your gas setting is set to standard and rock on.  She'll feed, fire, and eject what you give her and accuracy I think you'll be very pleased with.  

As a side note some have elected to protect their stock from any nicks or burrs from ejected brass by placing a small strip of velcro tape or skater tape behind their ejection port.  It's not necessary, but if you're OCD it can help you.
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 3:38:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

+1! And if you're thinking of getting the Ratworx adapter, they're on sale for $30 (vs the $50 std price).
Tomac

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:24:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the good info guys...now if I make it through the coming snow I can hopefully get to the range this week!
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1! And if you're thinking of getting the Ratworx adapter, they're on sale for $30 (vs the $50 std price).
Tomac

Um, when I called last night they told me that adapter was still $50.

Link Posted: 12/21/2009 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#11]
OK so I finally got to the range and despite the snow and 20 degree day had a bunch of fun with this little rifle and an AK74 I just picked up.  The pic I posted is a couple mags worth just standing offhand and unloading at 25 yards.  Not to shabby in my opinion for a rifle and operating system I've had no experience with!  What a fun gun to shoot, comes up nice and fast, I'm not sold on the optic so I may change it out in the future for a red dot of some type but for now it's just fine.  Now all I need is the New England winter to end to get some quality time with this and some extended ranges.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top