Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/6/2006 12:16:39 PM EDT
Beautiful!!!!! Unfired and 4 digit SN#, 2 slings [leather and reg] 2 mags, cleaning kit. Can NM GI BBL. So tight I had to bop the receiver out of the stock. [carefully] Now all I have to do is get to the range.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:25:36 PM EDT
Good on ya. Now go shoot it and get back to us w/ a report on how it shoots. It's worthless as a safe queen..........
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:16:08 PM EDT
As stated in the past....This posting is worthless without PICTURES !!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:38:07 PM EDT
If I buy a camera, I'll need a new computer. The problem is that everytime I get some money saved up for that stuff, I end up finding a gun. And the money, well.................it gets spent. This is my last gun purchase for a while, maybe for the whole year, as I bought this before New Years day. So, the money will get used this year to buy a computer, camera and probably lessons on how to work the damn things. Hell, I use a 20 some year old camera still.

At least I spent the money on a nice gun with lotsa GI parts. In 5 years you won't find one new with any NOS or even used GI parts.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:12:58 PM EDT
fxntime: If it is a true NM M1A, the action is glass bedded into the stock, and you shouldn't seperate the stock and the action, because you will end up loosening the bedding.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:06:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By warlord:
fxntime: If it is a true NM M1A, the action is glass bedded into the stock, and you shouldn't seperate the stock and the action, because you will end up loosening the bedding.

Yes it's bedded, I'm just pulling it so I can properly tung oil the stock as it's pretty dry. I'll do it over a 4 or 5 day period and then put it back in and leave it. I doubt if it has ever been pulled before this but the stock is grained very nicely and I want it looking good and sealed properly.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:53:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By fxntime:
If I buy a camera, I'll need a new computer. The problem is that everytime I get some money saved up for that stuff, I end up finding a gun. And the money, well.................it gets spent. This is my last gun purchase for a while, maybe for the whole year, as I bought this before New Years day. So, the money will get used this year to buy a computer, camera and probably lessons on how to work the damn things. Hell, I use a 20 some year old camera still.

At least I spent the money on a nice gun with lotsa GI parts. In 5 years you won't find one new with any NOS or even used GI parts.

don't waste money on a PC and camera. If you can log and read what is on the web and learn then that is all you need. Stay focused.

That said, there are tons of $99 cameras that work great and you can get As new PCs from Dell in their remanufactured section etc. They are basically line failures that the fix and warranty.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:57:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By GTZ:

don't waste money on a PC and camera. If you can log and read what is on the web and learn then that is all you need. Stay focused.

That said, there are tons of $99 cameras that work great and you can get As new PCs from Dell in their remanufactured section etc. They are basically line failures that the fix and warranty.

Thanks for the info, I'm running a 4 or 5 year old Gateway running windows millenium and so far I have spent 0 on anything. I have 40 gigs of hard drive space and I am stuck with a LL as ther is no cable or anything that runs past the house. Bleh.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:54:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By warlord:

Yes it's bedded, I'm just pulling it so I can properly tung oil the stock as it's pretty dry. I'll do it over a 4 or 5 day period and then put it back in and leave it. I doubt if it has ever been pulled before this but the stock is grained very nicely and I want it looking good and sealed properly.

The reason is that little particles from the bedding can break off and interfere with the proper mating of the action and stock. I've got an M1A NM also, and I've never seperated the stock and the action even to clean.
Top Top