Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/4/2003 5:31:53 AM EDT
And it is absolutely awesome. Fit & finish is flawless, the quality is worth the money. Went to the range & fired 90 rounds without any hiccups at all. It's nice to buy a gun that is 100% out of the box and needs absolutely nothing. Bought 10 mags from DSA that were the "excellent condition with light finish wear" at $12.00 each, they are basically new mags in cosmoline. 7.62 power is addicting, somehow my poodleshooters don't seem as much fun anymore. Could there be an M1A in my future?
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 7:30:57 AM EDT
No, there is no M1A in the future... You have a FAL, the premiere .308 Battle Rifle, the best ever built. I have an M14S, and wouldn't have bought that had I not purchased it BEFORE my FAL. I have a Cetme, pretty, but it ain't no FAL. Have the M14S, where is the pistol grip and why do the mags cost so damn much? Thought about an AR10, but parts are expensive and so are mags.

Nope, the FAL is the shit!
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 8:46:06 AM EDT
A friend of mine got a good deal on a DSA FAL not long ago. First time I fired it, I was bitten. They are excellent rifles, who like to be emptied then ask for more.

I will have one...someday. Congratulations on your purchase!
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:02:40 AM EDT
Cmon Daffy where are the photos? Welcome to the boards by the way.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:15:40 AM EDT
HI,

I was looking at SA58 Predator, but have heard so many good things about DSA STG58, I think I will go with it and if I want to replace any parts I will. I look at getting a KIT and receiver and send it out, but it will cost just as much as a DSA STG58.Also they E-mail me and said they would cut my barrel down with no extra charge. Kev
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:27:52 AM EDT
Welcome to the addiction. You're pretty much screwed now. Nobody can own only one of these. There are just too many fun configurations. Within 6 months, you'll be building your own and will be on a first name basis with Jon at Tapco and probably more than one gunsmith. If your wallet is fat now, it wont be soon. Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:08:20 PM EDT
Yep the FAL's are the "shizznit"! I traded my well used (but very well cared for) PSS for a StG58 carbine. I'm in the process of finishing up a set of "Izzy" furniture to put on it. I'm on my 3rd coat of BLO, gonna put 6 on it. What a great rifle!

Rich
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 11:46:08 PM EDT
Can you buy a DSA at any gun dealer or do you have to order from the company?
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 1:14:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/30/2003 1:17:54 AM EDT by Dano523]
FAC had DSA STG-58a's listed at $795 not to long ago (page 25). You would just need to pay for the rifle to FAC, then have it sent to a local FFL to do the transfer, which runs around $20. The rifles are factory DSA's so if you have a problem, DSA will warranty the rifle.

www.dsarms.com/
www.gunsnstuff.net./
www.gunbroker.com/user/DealerNetwork.asp
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:57:36 AM EDT
No doubt the DSA FAL is the best,,,but you know, they're ALL fun to shoot! Even the crappy frankenguns out there, and the hobby guns...easy to work on, fun to restore and build. A friend of mine recently went on a safarin in Kenya, his guide carried an ancient FN-FAL for protection...it was over 30 years old and had no finish left on it, was bought by the guide after having rusted in storage for years in the bad climate...it worked perfectly with no parts needing replacement. A classic design.
Top Top