Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 9:29:31 AM EDT
I just got my No4MKI "gunsmith special" from AIM.

It cleaned up very nice.  The bore is very shiny and the metal and wood are not bad.  The stock has a couple of repairs.

I believe it is Indian (although for a shooter, I don't care).

Overall I am very happy with my $79.99 (shipped!) Enfield!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:57:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey!

Was there any missing parts? Usually it's the luck of the draw (gunsmiths specials) unless they specify what's missing and or damaged. You made out! Just check the headspace to be safe. The distributors don't have the resources to check the safety of the C&R firearms they sell.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:14:29 PM EDT
[#2]
How is the headspace?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#3]
No missing parts.  Repaired stock.

I didn't check the headspace, but the bore is really shiny.

I like this better than the $150 No1 MKIII I got from AIM a couple of months ago.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:06:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I got one also, it is a great gun. The only thing wrong with mine is the rear sight is bent a little. Nothing that a vise can't straighten. The wood is excellent and the bore is mint.

Tom
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I have heard of many longbranches comming in on the gunsmith special...  I got a shirley.  who was your original manufacturer??

FMO
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually, it sounds like AIM’s gunsmith specials are really just a diplomatic way for them to sell their Enfields at a lower price without upsetting those customers who bought the original, overpriced ones.

IIRC, the Indians never made any No.4’s.  However, yours almost certainly was in Indian possession at one time and was very possibly refurbished by them.

Definitely check your headspace before shooting.  If don’t know why I say this, you might want to check out my thread on an AIM No. 4 Enfield here:  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=14&t=175427
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top