Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2002 7:58:14 PM EDT
I got another old timer to keep my M1 Carbine company in the safe. Today my dad gave me his Winchester Model 12 shotgun. The action on this thing is real tight.

Link Posted: 8/14/2002 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#1]
NICE!

I have a Winchester Model 1912 20 guage that was built in 1917.  The original owner, my grandfather's "uncle" (not by blood, but for all intents and purposes) went to WWI in Germany.  While there he bought some blocks of black walnut in the Black Forest and had it shipped back to the U.S.

Once back from the trenches in the war, he sent the blocks of wood to a cabinet maker in Houston to have a new stock made, as well as two new forends (had two different barrels).  I am now the lucky owner.

Those are sweet shotguns.  A WWII Model 12 is a nice complement to Garand!
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 8:33:37 PM EDT
[#2]
To finish out my collection I need a Garnad, a Thompson, and a surplus 1911.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 5:09:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
To finish out my collection I need a Garnad, a Thompson, and a surplus 1911.

Don't forget the BAR.  

Nice shotgun you've got there, bunghole.

Link Posted: 8/15/2002 6:09:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Shoot, bung, that's a beauty (and I don't even really care for shotguns)

Ordinance marks, inspector/armory marks, all sharp and clear.

Wonder if theres any data as to date of manufacture or anything.

Link Posted: 8/15/2002 6:26:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
NICE!

I have a Winchester Model 1912 20 guage that was built in 1917.  The original owner, my grandfather's "uncle" (not by blood, but for all intents and purposes) went to WWI in Germany.  While there he bought some blocks of black walnut in the Black Forest and had it shipped back to the U.S.

Once back from the trenches in the war, he sent the blocks of wood to a cabinet maker in Houston to have a new stock made, as well as two new forends (had two different barrels).  I am now the lucky owner.

Those are sweet shotguns.  A WWII Model 12 is a nice complement to Garand!

Tailgate, post a pic - I'd like a look at that!
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 6:53:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Any gun with a "flaming bomb" and a "crossed cannon" is alright with me. h
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top