Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/10/2007 6:06:35 PM EST
Starting to get the short-barrel bug. Nothing serious yet, but maybe.


Presuming I jump through the proper hoops to get my tax stamp for a short barreled shotgun (legal in Oregon), can I take JUST the barrel up to my gunsmith in Washington state to have him do the honors? Washington state does NOT allow any of the fun stuff.

Just curious, mostly hypothetical, want to see what folks who've thought about this a lot more than I have will say.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:20:40 PM EST
A barrel is just a gun part.

If you're in OR, there's plenty of peeps here that can do that. No need to go to WA.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:02:26 AM EST
Anyone with a hacksaw and lathe can shorten the barrel.

YOU then install it after you have registered it as a SBS and received your paperwork.
Top Top