Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/2/2002 7:20:05 AM EST
Hi all,

I was thinking about going to my local Barnes and Noble book store for books on the subject. I really hate going there now (evil opionined wenches that think all I shoudl read is the martha stewart reading list .... im very pissed at them)but they usually have a decent amount of books on amy subject. I am thinking about build an upper and I really need all the good advice and info that I can get. Are there any good books that you recommend on the subject?

Thanks
Lojack
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 11:40:35 AM EST
Check out "The Competitive AR-15" by Zediker, and I seem to recall something by John Feamster looked pretty good too.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 12:45:23 PM EST
ken-mays is right. Zediker's book is an excellant source of information. Not only does Glen provide some really valuable insights into the AR, Derrick Martin and the other contributors are pretty interesting also.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 1:54:52 PM EST

Originally Posted By ken_mays:
Check out "The Competitive AR-15" by Zediker, and I seem to recall something by John Feamster looked pretty good too.

John Feamster's book "Black Magic:The Ultra Accurate AR-15" as well as Glen Zediker's book are both excellent.

John is a member here.

And Zediker's book has a chapter written by our own Lew Tippie.
Link Posted: 8/3/2002 4:21:14 AM EST
lojack,

i doubt very much you are going to find a "build-it-yourself-gun-book" at B&N, i just went to our B&N store in Tucson about 3 weeks ago, looked in the gun/sporting section & all they had were general gun book garbage that i would not allow on my book sheves.......

one of my favorite build it yourself books is Duncan Longs "Build Your Own AR-15".

the books mentioned by the other writers are good, i have all them too, but they tend to be a bit more technical & geared towards the more experienced builder who is attempting to atain one hole accuracy, if you have any gun shows in your area soon go to one, most shows have several book dealers...

i have also found that few gun shops will carry gun books & that has always been a mystery to me !!!!!!

Top Top