Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 7:49:57 PM EDT
My girlfriend and I usually shoot skeet every weekend. The only thing is her Dad is going to Tennessee this week, and is carrying the clay tosser. We both still can't use the hand-held one very good so that is a bit shot down (no pun intended).

Anyways, what are some good substitutes for clays, or is there another good way to get them up in the air? Just toss out some options, I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:00:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Refrigeraters, microwaves, washers, dryers, cars, ballons tied to stumps, old arosol paint cans, any kind of can (accept for ameriCANs) or container.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:15:36 AM EDT
[#2]
We shoot steel plate at my club.  10 or more as fast as you can.  They set on top of a 4x4 about 10 inch high to as much as 4 ft high.  As far as moving targets.  That hand thrower take a lot of throws to master it.  Just keep tring.  A boxes of birds is under $5.00. And a lot that do not go just right will not break.  You can pick them up an try again.  Just do no give up. hippie.gif
PITA 45
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
We shoot steel plate at my club.  10 or more as fast as you can.  They set on top of a 4x4 about 10 inch high to as much as 4 ft high.  As far as moving targets.  That hand thrower take a lot of throws to master it.  Just keep tring.  A boxes of birds is under $5.00. And a lot that do not go just right will not break.  You can pick them up an try again.  Just do no give up.

Good Luck
PITA 45

Man, I'd be worried about hitting my 4X4 with some shot. My 4X4 has to nice of a paint job to set targets on top of it. I think I'd just set my targets on a stump, or in the dirt and keep my 4X4, or any other non-junk vehicles clear of the area.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:00:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
We shoot steel plate at my club.  10 or more as fast as you can.  They set on top of a 4x4 about 10 inch high to as much as 4 ft high.  As far as moving targets.  That hand thrower take a lot of throws to master it.  Just keep tring.  A boxes of birds is under $5.00. And a lot that do not go just right will not break.  You can pick them up an try again.  Just do no give up. hippie.gif
PITA 45

Man, I'd be worried about hitting my 4X4 with some shot.has

All I can say, steel is great fun to shot ather  Or you miss
Guest you should aim more carefullyhathug.gif   Never been that worried about hitting any of my 4X4's.  But to each their own!
Just keep shootinghippie.gif

PITA45
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:20:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Refrigeraters, microwaves, washers, dryers, cars, ballons tied to stumps, old arosol paint cans, any kind of can (accept for ameriCANs) or container.

Liberals, communists, UN officials....

JOE
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#6]
anything you can throw if you want a moving object. We shot up some egg size rocks one time(Lime rock) and that was pretty fun it left a puff in the air like a clay would do. Bugs are fun too like moths but you need big lights and night time shooting there.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:22:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1.

I've shot just about every inanimate object that exists.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top