Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2004 3:39:28 AM EDT
Post by Karaya1(Nilats just never logs off of my computer ;/)

Well, after a year or so of firing with the stock sights i decided for my eyes sake to upgrade to mojo microclick peep sights.
I have always struggled to shoot well past 250 or so yards with the stock sights and even 100 yards can cause me some trouble.  I think the peep sights will help my accuracy a lot, and allow me to "x" ring shoot with my m48a.
Im going to take it to some matches around wyoming/ n colorado after i get it set up, just with the intention to have fun and shoot well with my favorite rifle.
I still am only using that corrosive turk, but for a general purpose ammo i find it exceptional performing, and you can't beat the price!  The average velocity of the 154 grain round for my m48a is 2930, with a extreme range of only 40 fps!  Normally the spread was only about 25 fps,  which i think is pretty damn good.  

I will post a range report and lots of pics after it arrives, hopefully before saturday so i can go shoot it then.

Here is a picture of the mojo microclick sight, i think it will be great!

each click is a .7 moa adjustment, and of course it has the normal elevation and windage screws.  Should turn my milsurp into even more of a tackdriver!!
The groups i was getting with my mauser before are somewhat like this.

I've done slightly better, but for a 10 shot group, after reloading, normally their about like that.

I just can't wait to get the peeps, to see if i can get the groups down to the size of my AR's(i'am not holding my breath though!)
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 4:42:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Just ordered a set from Midway.  I'm putting them on a sporterized MOD98 I bought from a co-worker.  I just didn't want to put a scope on this rifle.  Midway has the regular front and rear set (no micro adjustment) for about $35.,  which is about $22. off the regular price (inventory reduction sale).
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 1:32:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 4:31:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Direct from www.Mojosights.com
I ordered it tuesday morning, at about 2AM lol, i thought it would be here yesterday, perhaps a phone call is required, damn i am impatient.
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 5:00:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered a set of Snap Sights (dual aperture) for my M39 and an SKS rear ghost ring sight direct from Mojo. Placed the order on July 1, received the order on August 7. Three phone calls and alot of excuses. I think I'll order from another supplier in the future. The price is the same or better.

That said, the sights are great! Excellent quality and perfect fit! I like that micro-adustable rear sight (mine is not). Those are brand new, and when I talked to Mojo, he said they were not yet available. I'd like to put one on my K31.

Please let us know how you like 'em when you get 'em (pics?).
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
nilatS, where did you get the sight?  I did not see it on Midways web site.

Just search "mauser sights".  They are listed for the 98.  I was going to use them for my 98, but at the last minute decided to use it on my M48.  The only difference I can see is that the original M48 rear sight has a pin running through the pivot point that has to be driven out before the original can be pressed down and pushed back and out.  The Mojo slides right into place.  I installed the peep front sight too (the set is on sale now and is the same price as just the rear), but be aware that the front barrel band will not go over it when it's in place as well as the original sight hood.  Thr front dovetail on the sight required a little file work to fit the rifle.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 12:43:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I ordered a set of Snap Sights (dual aperture) for my M39 and an SKS rear ghost ring sight direct from Mojo. Placed the order on July 1, received the order on August 7. Three phone calls and alot of excuses. I think I'll order from another supplier in the future. The price is the same or better.

That said, the sights are great! Excellent quality and perfect fit! I like that micro-adustable rear sight (mine is not). Those are brand new, and when I talked to Mojo, he said they were not yet available. I'd like to put one on my K31.

Please let us know how you like 'em when you get 'em (pics?).

I ordered them teusday morning, and because they were in idaho i figured getting them by the weekend would be NO problem, and i really wanted to go to the range and test em.
It was this afternoon that i got a tad impatient and called.
They said that they had taken 4 times the amount of orders they had planned for, and my sights would probably ship tuesday.  So the anticipation continues.

Damnit
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 7:32:36 AM EDT
[#7]
The only consolation I can give you is that you will like 'em when you get 'em. My anticipation faded to frustration in about a week. When they finally arrived in my mailbox I said out loud "about  #!*&%'ing time!", then looked around to see if the neighbor kids were within earshot.

I guess I'm spoiled by the service at places like MidwayUSA and Brownells. It appears that Mojo is a small operation, and I have my suspicions that they are filling orders for the big retail operations first. No doubt the popularity of milsurps has driven demand beyond his supply.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I am anticipating they will come today....
I know my package of goodies for my AR15 comes on monday, so if they don't come today i might get a double whammy on monday.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone ever tried them on a M91/30?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top