Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2014 3:31:34 PM EDT
So I am finally making the trip.  I don't know if I will buy a few of the service grade guns or get a SSG.  I know a new barrel gun is 995 and one with the older barrel will be 950.  Thinking of going with HRA for 950.  Maybe even an M1D.  Who knows, can't wait to drive down.  Wish me luck!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:47:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Get the $950 HRA SGS.  I don't think there are any CMP specials, but I would get the HRA SGS regardless.  I know there have been a few field grades showing up here and there and occasionally a Springfield Service Grade.  I am heading from Oklahoma to Alabama in March for the "Advanced Maintenance Class" and hope to pick out an HRA SGS while there.  Good luck and let us know how you did!
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 5:06:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Have fun, I'll be making the trip in March or maybe June
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#3]
PICS or GTFO
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PICS or GTFO
View Quote

Driving down Thursday.  I'll post pics of the store, some fireworks, and guns I buy.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 6:15:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Driving down Thursday.  I'll post pics of the store, some fireworks, and guns I buy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
PICS or GTFO

Plural. Now that's what I'm talking about!  
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#6]
From what I've read on the CMP forum there haven't been any service grades at the store lately.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

From what I've read on the CMP forum there haven't been any service grades at the store lately.
View Quote
Who cares?  When I went, I got a field grade Winchester that gauged as a Service Grade.

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:55:45 AM EDT
[#8]
They have field grade guns and service grade specials.  He said they had plenty of the service grade specials, so I am heading that way.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 2:43:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Glad I went.   I decided to order a service grade.  The field grade almost had me.  I really didn't like the sgs once I saw it.  The store is cool, though.  It was a nice day trip.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Any pics? How much stuff was on the floor?
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 6:31:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I took one pic in the store. There were tons of service and field grade m1d and c guns, about 15 HRA SSG guns, about 10 Field grade guns, and 4 match guns.  I was very close on a field grade, but decided to order the service grade. The HRA guns with new stocks just weren't doing it for me.  It wasn't worth the extra $325 to me.  But I am partial to some wear on the gun for some add reason.  Probably should have bought a field grade.  They have a nice patina finish and dings in the stock.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:30:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I took one pic in the store. There were tons of service and field grade m1d and c guns, about 15 HRA SSG guns, about 10 Field grade guns, and 4 match guns.  I was very close on a field grade, but decided to order the service grade. The HRA guns with new stocks just weren't doing it for me.  It wasn't worth the extra $325 to me.  But I am partial to some wear on the gun for some add reason.  Probably should have bought a field grade.  They have a nice patina finish and dings in the stock.
View Quote

What were the prices on the field grades?
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 10:45:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to the CMP Forum field grades are $525 at the South Store, I guess the only downside to the south store is 10% sales tax.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
According to the CMP Forum field grades are $525 at the South Store, I guess the only downside to the south store is 10% sales tax.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you let them ship it, there is no tax and you just pay whatever the shipping price is.  That is how they did it back in 2008 anyways.

Link Posted: 1/24/2014 2:18:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If you let them ship it, there is no tax and you just pay whatever the shipping price is.  That is how they did it back in 2008 anyways.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still like that today. They ship it overnight.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 5:30:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know, I would hope they could hold shipment for a day or two to get back home to be there for it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Pardon my ignorance of the subject what what do the different grades mean?   And can you just show up to one of the stores to buy a Garand or m1a?  I thought there were certain requirements that had to be met such as shooting in a match.   Thank you in advance for your answers.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 9:19:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Pardon my ignorance of the subject what what do the different grades mean?   And can you just show up to one of the stores to buy a Garand or m1a?  I thought there were certain requirements that had to be met such as shooting in a match.   Thank you in advance for your answers.
View Quote

Eligibility Requirements
It looks intimidating at first, but it is very easy to qualify. Joining the GCA for $25 online is an easy way to be part of a club.

Garand Grades

From what I read you can go buy one at the store as long as you bring documentation to show you are eligible, I believe you can even sign up for the GCA while in the store.

CMP does not sell M1A rifles.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 10:12:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks man bear.   I also read the tacked thread which I should have looked at first which has a lot of relevant info too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes, field grade is 525.   I just finished putting my paperwork together and noticed that the SA guns in SG are out, but they now have HRA in SG, so I'm ordering one of those with two crates of ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top