Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2007 8:35:23 AM EDT
I am looking for a decent pair of gloves that I can use for shooting and also they should be able to hold up under treks through the woods and the roughing up that will entail.

Thinking along the lines of mechanics gloves but want to check form the experience crew around here.

I am looking first for summer gloves and then winter gloves. I have some of the (my opinion) best winter gloves out there USGI heavy weather leather gloves, but they don't fit in a trigger guard very well

Thanks

Rick
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Some like the Mechanix gloves, some like the USGI Nomex pilots gloves.

I have been using batting gloves (nike, etc) for last few years with no problems.

As long as you have something on your hands, you should be good to go
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 12:53:33 PM EDT
[#2]
depending on price the southwestern motorsports friction fighter gloves made co-op with camelbak are really nice
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:59:10 PM EDT
[#3]
+ 1
I used the SW Motorsports gloves overseas and they worked well.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#4]
summer www.palmflex.com/storefront/detail.aspx?ID=161

winter www.palmflex.com/storefront/detail.aspx?ID=257

they sell them at the sportsmans warehouse and some work clothing shops as well.  i have worn the same pair of winter ones the past two years.  i prefer the smooth leather palm like a flight, but the ruggedness of a mechanics.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:24:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
summer www.palmflex.com/storefront/detail.aspx?ID=161

winter www.palmflex.com/storefront/detail.aspx?ID=257

they sell them at the sportsman's warehouse and some work clothing shops as well.  i have worn the same pair of winter ones the past two years.  i prefer the smooth leather palm like a flight, but the ruggedness of a mechanics.  

Thanks I will give them a try

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#6]
A lot of guys like the Oakley gloves. Haven't yet tried them but have heard good things about them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top