Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/25/2002 8:21:21 PM EST
A friend of mine is an ex marine and now a police officer. He lives and breaths GLOCK. He thinks its the best pistol hands down. Nothing beats a Glock. He's always bragging about his pistol.

He, another friend of mine and I were talking about guns one day and my friend told the marine that he had a Glock that he left on the dash of his car one summer day and when he came back a few hours later all that was left was the slide and bullets. The rest had melted all over the dash..lol

I agreed with him saying he showed it to me when I came over his house that day. We kept laughing about it saying that the Mattel toy company came out with the pistol first and sold it to Gasten Glock..lol

By this time the marine was getting pissed cause we're knocking his favorite gun..lol He keeps yelling about how tough its made and there is no way it melted.

Then my friend pulls out this pile of melted black plastic with two bullets melted into it from his car and shows the marine. I'm laughing so hard I'm about to bust..lol

We made this before hand just to mess with the marine..lol

The marines eyes widened up and his mouth just dropped open. His standing there staring at this pile of melted plastic and 2 bullets..lol

I'm to the point of pissing my pants and my buddy is just standing there with a straight face holding that plastic mess telling the marine that its all thats left of his pistol..lol

The marine starts stuttering something about that couldn't be, theres no way.

You should have seen the look on his face. We finally told him that we were just messing with him and it was just a joke. He finally smiled about it and continued preaching to us that its the best pistol ever, yada yada yada..lol

I just thought it was halarious and wanted to share it with you guys..lol
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 8:38:30 PM EST
HA-HA!
BTW, there is a store, Hoffman's, here in CT that had a fire once. They made a plaque with what appears to be a melted Glock next to a melted USP in memory of the event.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:35:33 PM EST

How then does the Glock stand the temperature of repeated firing, which I'm sure is much hotter than a car on a summer day? No Glock fan, just a might suspicious.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:39:11 PM EST
so you guys just melted some black plastic and put a coulpe bullets in it to fool your buddy??

That's Funny, I was thinking "no way" when I read the thread title!!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 12:25:52 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:47:53 AM EST
Yeah I use one too every day and its no good at ranges over 15yds. The gun is not accurate period. If its so good how come none of the winners in the ipda or ipsc use it. Glock is a great combat gun. But it aint no target shooter
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:52:14 AM EST
I don't know..I can hit a B27R (the reduced-size one) at 100 yards with my Glock 19 just about every time.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:27:55 AM EST

Originally Posted By Redmanfms:

How then does the Glock stand the temperature of repeated firing, which I'm sure is much hotter than a car on a summer day? No Glock fan, just a might suspicious.

Hey dude are you serious? LOL I don't think you read the post. It was just a joke we were playing on a buddy of mine. We melted a used black plastic oil bottle and threw in a couple bullets before in hardend to mess with a friend of ours. It wasn't really a Glock...lol

In my opinion Glocks make a very good rugged reliable pistol. I've owned two of them myself. I had a Glock 23 which I traded for a Beretta 96 cause the compact Glock was just too small for my large hands.

Then I had a Glock 21 for a couple of years and recently traded it for a fullsize Springfield 1911-A1 cause I just never did like the grip of the Glock. I had the new model with the finger grooves and it just didn't fit my hand very good. I believe I would have liked it better if I had a model without the finger grooves and used the Hogue wrap around grips.

But I'm not knocking the Glock at all, I was just telling a story about a joke we played on a friend of mine.

Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:36:58 AM EST
If you don't let it get to the melting stage, and just let it get soft, you can grab it real hard and make a custom fit grip for you hand.

Not only that but it's dishwasher safe too!! At the end of a long day, I just set it in the sink and my wife dissassembles it and puts in the the dishwasher with the tupperware and it's clean when I get up the next day!
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:43:23 AM EST
Good joke, Nighthawk! I wish I could confirm one way or the other of an officer putting his Glock on the nightstand after his shift only to discover it was chewed beyond repair by his dog while he slumbered...another urban legend. Or the one about smacking a Glock just right on a hard surface, dismounting the slide.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 8:15:41 AM EST
I wish I could have been there to have a good chuckle with ya. Purchased a G23 that was used as a chew toy for a St. Bernard for a short period of time. Just took the old dremel to it and smoothed the sharp indentations added a hogue grip and love it. Not bad for $225 ehh? I'd love to work at glock and hear some of the stories in the warranty Dept.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:28:23 AM EST

Originally Posted By neuromancer:
Yeah I use one too every day and its no good at ranges over 15yds. The gun is not accurate period. If its so good how come none of the winners in the ipda or ipsc use it. Glock is a great combat gun. But it aint no target shooter

That's funny I have no problems at 50 yards with my G19 - I think its the shooter.

Or are you one of those types that dont read the instruction's manual and try to use lead bullets in it?
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:36:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By NightHawk:
A friend of mine is an ex marine and now a police officer. He lives and breaths GLOCK. He thinks its the best pistol hands down. Nothing beats a Glock. He's always bragging about his pistol.

He, another friend of mine and I were talking about guns one day and my friend told the marine that he had a Glock that he left on the dash of his car one summer day and when he came back a few hours later all that was left was the slide and bullets. The rest had melted all over the dash..lol

I agreed with him saying he showed it to me when I came over his house that day. We kept laughing about it saying that the Mattel toy company came out with the pistol first and sold it to Gasten Glock..lol

By this time the marine was getting pissed cause we're knocking his favorite gun..lol He keeps yelling about how tough its made and there is no way it melted.

Then my friend pulls out this pile of melted black plastic with two bullets melted into it from his car and shows the marine. I'm laughing so hard I'm about to bust..lol

We made this before hand just to mess with the marine..lol

The marines eyes widened up and his mouth just dropped open. His standing there staring at this pile of melted plastic and 2 bullets..lol

I'm to the point of pissing my pants and my buddy is just standing there with a straight face holding that plastic mess telling the marine that its all thats left of his pistol..lol

The marine starts stuttering something about that couldn't be, theres no way.

You should have seen the look on his face. We finally told him that we were just messing with him and it was just a joke. He finally smiled about it and continued preaching to us that its the best pistol ever, yada yada yada..lol

I just thought it was halarious and wanted to share it with you guys..lol

Now That's a lot of LOL's
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 10:29:19 AM EST

Originally Posted By MAHABALI:
so you guys just melted some black plastic and put a coulpe bullets in it to fool your buddy??

That's Funny, I was thinking "no way" when I read the thread title!!!

see Im the only one that understood that it wasnt a real Glock!
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 12:06:48 PM EST

Then either somethings wrong with your particular weapon, or you need some remedial training. Mine's no tack driver, but I do ok at much longer distances then that.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 12:07:28 PM EST

Originally Posted By anothergene:
Or the one about smacking a Glock just right on a hard surface, dismounting the slide.

You mean the 'frisbee tests'? Glock redesigned the frames to keep it from happening so it must not be a total fabrication.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 12:13:15 PM EST
Quietshootr...100yds reduced target Ineed to see that and then you have to show me how. I am just getting my 19 tuned in at 50yds. What sight is on that 19 of yours Combat? I am thinking of the Slant Pro for mine. 100 yds that is very good
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 12:29:59 PM EST

Glock not accurate? Sounds like operator head-space and timing to me. Hehehe
I love my glocks. I don't think there is any better combat pistol. Simple, rugged, durable.

Link Posted: 7/26/2002 12:53:00 PM EST

Sounds like you need more practice.

Also, if you shoot someone from much farther than 15yds away, dollars to donuts, you're going to jail.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:11:57 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/26/2002 4:17:17 PM EST by Troy]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:15:29 PM EST

I have no problem shooting soda cans at 25 yard with my Glock. Maybe you should practice more.
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 6:31:15 PM EST

Originally Posted By NightHawk:

Hey dude are you serious? LOL I don't think you read the post. It was just a joke we were playing on a buddy of mine. We melted a used black plastic oil bottle and threw in a couple bullets before in hardend to mess with a friend of ours. It wasn't really a Glock...lol

In my opinion Glocks make a very good rugged reliable pistol. I've owned two of them myself. I had a Glock 23 which I traded for a Beretta 96 cause the compact Glock was just too small for my large hands.

Then I had a Glock 21 for a couple of years and recently traded it for a fullsize Springfield 1911-A1 cause I just never did like the grip of the Glock. I had the new model with the finger grooves and it just didn't fit my hand very good. I believe I would have liked it better if I had a model without the finger grooves and used the Hogue wrap around grips.

But I'm not knocking the Glock at all, I was just telling a story about a joke we played on a friend of mine.

I didn't see the "we told him it was a joke" thing until I read it again. It's still pretty easy to misunderstand the post.

Pretty good joke though. Pretty stupid Marine for not asking the same question I just asked.
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 10:04:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/27/2002 10:08:50 PM EST by b0ne]

Originally Posted By anothergene:
<snip> Or the one about smacking a Glock just right on a hard surface, dismounting the slide.

Must have been a first-gen Glock from before they changed the length of the slide rails. (The slides kept jumping the rails in military throwing tests, so they changed it).

Well, I forget if it was the length, or the width, of the rails, but oh well.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 6:57:42 AM EST
That's a good one NightHawk. LOL!
Top Top