Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2002 5:08:02 PM EDT
Does anyone know an easy way to get the bottom off of a glock mag. It's plastic so I didn't want to push or pull too hard. Just thought there may be some trick, I'm trying to install a mag extension. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#1]
If you look at the baseplate from the mag side, you will see a tab on each side of the mag body that keeps the baseplate in place.

You have to squeeze the mag body to get it off.  I usually use a pair of pliers, with a pencil on each side to squeeze the right area and keep from scratching the mag.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 5:30:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Since I spent my youth crushing bamboo stalks with my hands, I can manage to squeeze the Glock mag with my fingers and remove the floorplate. Most other mortals will need assistance...

Link Posted: 6/21/2002 5:37:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Since I spent my youth crushing bamboo stalks with my hands, I can manage to squeeze the Glock mag with my fingers and remove the floorplate. Most other mortals will need assistance...

Well of course you have that option.  I like to use pliers because I find I have better control that way.  The first one I tried by hand and I squeeze too hard and broke the mag body - expensive mistake

I forgot to mention, some floorplates also have a button on the bottom that needs to be pressed in at the same time.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#4]
try pressing in the botton on the bottom of the floorplate about 1mm, while pressing one of the rear corners of the baseplate downward (hard) on a hard surface.
always works for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top