Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2015 10:57:54 AM EDT
Looking to send in another batch of form 1 again soon and wondering about SBRing a block. For those of who have done it 2 questions, should I SBR a glock 19 or 17 to have best stock options? , secondly has anybody had good experiences with the enclosure kits. I see couple different makes and models but have heard about less than stellar reliability with some, Roni, KPOS etc..

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:15:28 AM EDT
[#1]
inquiring minds want to know.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:57:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I to would like that info... Anyone?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Definitely SBR a Gen 3 full size (17/22 frame) for the most options. You could do a 19, but your options will be limited.

I think the chassis setups are an abomination. If you want an SMG style gun, get an MP5. If you want a machine pistol style gun, put a stock on a Glock. They're two pretty different feeling platforms.

An SBRed Glock isn't the best 9mm SBR around, but it is a lot more fun than a regular Glock. I've used the Fab Defense "Israeli" stock and the Endo Tactical stock. Both are fun, but I love the Endo with a SOPMOD attached.

My G22:
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:38:03 PM EDT
[#4]
My set up is similar to that pic, Endo / CTR here (on a G34). with an Octane 9 on the way. IMO it's an awesome type of SBR. It's a real glock, so it's probably more reliable than even the best glock-mag-compatible AR type of gun. The only disadvantage of the real glock SBR is that you have less rail space. On the plus side, it's shorter OAL. I'm toying with the idea of adding a carver comp mount and a primary arms reflex to mine....and an MP5-like VFG to the bottom of the carver. Little customization required, but still better than an glock-ified AR SBR.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input. So I take it nobody has had good experiences with the enclosures. Im not sure and AR stock adapter is what I would do, if I did SBR one I would probably go for the mako defense stock that clips into the grip. Do all Gen 3 and 4 blocks have that attachment hole in the grip?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#6]
there are people out there that use/like the enclosures....they just haven't posted here.

As far as the AR stock, the real reason I went with the Endo is because it supports the upper part of the frame in addition to the bottom, taking a looot of stress off vs the 'through the grip only' mounts. Both work, the endo just seems more solid and flexes less. It does cost a lot more though, so it's not all roses.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Does the endo stock work with grip force adapters?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:07:27 PM EDT
[#8]
i would guess no, not without mods, but I could be wrong...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:04:53 PM EDT
[#9]
if you care about accuracy beyond 25 yards, it will fall well short of a conventional carbine...

I have bounced around with SBRing a G21 because afterall, nice 9mm carbines are everywhere, its the .45s that are hard to come by.   And in a semi auto, 45 just makes more sense.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#10]
the CAA stock works well on Glock18s, never dealt with the chassis so i cant form an opinion on them. Why not just get one of the new CZ Evos and sbr one of them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:59:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
if you care about accuracy beyond 25 yards, it will fall well short of a conventional carbine...
View Quote

For long range use, I wouldn't want a pistol caliber anyway, unless it was something much hotter than 9mm/45. There's nothing wrong with a 357 lever action gun, but it's WAY longer than a glock SBR would be, it's pretty much a whole 'nother class of gun.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:29:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I went through the progressions back in October.  I started off wanting a 9mm AR-15 to SBR.  I decided I wanted it to take Glock mags, as (1) I have a bunch of them, and (2) they are plentiful.  I also HATE to add another mag type I have to stock up on.  

I was introduced to the QC10 lower too late, and opted on a Glock SBR.  

After MUCH research, I bought the RONI kit from CAA.  That's it on the right next to the KRISS.  The KRISS also takes Glock mags, but in .45.  

I already had a Glock 17 (don't have a 19), so I filed the form 1 without much consideration of the other.  The same RONI kit fits both the 19 and 17.  There are different models to fit other pistols/models.  

The RONI is a joy to shoot.  It is VERY compact, at just over 18" with the stock collapsed (if you take the muzzle piece out to fit a suppressor).  If you don't take the muzzle piece out, it is 19".  

They have incorporated a safety into the system, to make the SBR safe to handle with a round in the chamber.  The charging handle is VERY easy to use, and is ambidextrous.  An extended mag release would be a good idea, but I just use my left hand to strip out the mags, so it isn't a big deal.  The accuracy is very good with a red dot sight mounted to the top rail.  

All in all, I would fully recommend a RONI to anyone looking for a pistol caliber SBR.  All the reliability of a Glock, plus the benefits of a stock, VFG, and rail mounted optic.  

Another benefit to the RONI is the ability to still use a .22 conversion kit.  Here is my RONI with a TSG-22 kit installed + AAC Pilot sticking out the front.

Perhaps the best thing about the RONI is that it doesn't requiring disassembly of the host pistol whatsoever.  All you do is snap the plastic slide cover over the rear sight and lay the pistol into the clamshell.  The slide cover is the charging handle for the system.  Just close the clamshell and push two captured pins into place and you are ready to rock and roll.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a gen2 KPOS. SBR 17 & 19. Also have the ENDO. I kind of like the KPOS better. Only problem with the KPOS is the cocking plate in front on the slide. A standard threaded barrel won't work with the suppressor attached. I had to cut down a 17L barrel to my spec.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I found the following fairly interesting when I was considering this same question a few months ago.  

http://shortbarrelshepherd.com/glock-sbr-enclosure-comparison-final-thoughts/

IF tl/dr there is a youtube vid or two.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okrBFf6qOJg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top