Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2002 7:53:23 PM EDT
I have a glock 23c and was thinking about adding night sites. What do you guys think. This will be a carry weapon and home defense. I just keep thinking that because of the porting and the probability that most bad things happen after dark that any night vision I had will be gone after the first shot.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Night sights are one of those MUST HAVES on all pistols, get em
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 8:03:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree that night sights are important for any defensive pistol. Have you tried your pistol in low light shooting to see the effect of the porting? This should answer you question.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 8:12:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Do it! It's well worth the money.
In my opinion Heinie makes the best night sites.

www.heinie.com

#318 Glock SlantProTM (Straight EightTM)
* Fits All Glock Models
* No Gunsmithing, Easy Installation
* Same Day Installation From Heinie $159.95

Glock Installation Prices include the cost of the sights, installation, return shipping and insurance on the slide only. The day we receive your slide we install the sights and return ship via FedEx Next Day Delivery (subject to inventory on hand).

Link Posted: 4/6/2002 8:16:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 21C and I have fired it in low-light and complete darkness...if your looking for your target through the front site the flame approx 8ninches dosent night blind you its too quick....but if your looking right at the ports you get a second white over...that is not good...just train to look past them and youll be fine....
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 12:15:44 AM EDT
[#5]
We're looking for a few good handgunners...lol
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 12:18:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 12:34:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll repeat that, IMHO (of course!), night sights are a must.  I generally go with Meprolight tritiums green sights, but just out of habit, and I've been quite happy with them.  No complaints and no regrets.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 12:43:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Look at it like this,it's dark an average of around 12Hr per day. Go with the glow!!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 3:08:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the advice...   I will have night sites installed this week.. :)
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 3:19:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Get the night sights, but get them on a 23. GET RID of the compensated piece. Compensators have NO PLACE on a defensive pistol. Too many problems associated with flash (as you have mentioned), and getting blasted with gasses and powder when shooting from behind certain types of cover or disadvantaged positions.

The 23 is a kitten to shoot anyway. Even my wife shoots it great, and she's a wimp! Why do you need a compensator?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top