Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2002 1:23:59 PM EDT
I'm in the market for a Glock 22.  I'm deciding between the older Glock 22 selling for about $375 or a brand new one w/ serated grip and accessories rail.  The new glocks cost around $475.  Is there a significant difference between the two glocks other than the looks?  Anyone has experiences with the 2 guns?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 1:41:52 PM EDT
[#1]

I have an Old Gen 23. Not having the rails has saved me money. I have only added a slip on grip for the finger 'grooves' and, of course, spare mags. Oh, yeah, +2 mag bases. Only other thing it needs is night sights.

Kinda wish I had the rails. )-:

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 1:46:00 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want a flashlight mounted to your gun get the Gen III. But I warn you most of those lights cost in excess of $100! If you like the old style get a used one buy a Sure Fire 6z or whatever they call it these days, and spend the extra money on ammo and training. Trust me even a used glock will outlive YOU!
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 1:56:01 PM EDT
[#3]
What the hell, go ahead and get the new one.  If you don't, you'll just wish you had later.

I've had the 3rd gen for over a year now and still haven't gotton the M3 for it, yet!  But, at least I know that I can mount it as soon as I get it.

Joe

btw, excellent pistol congratulations!
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 2:00:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I've owned 3rd generation Glocks and they are very nice but for me personally I prefer the 1st or 2nd generation due to the smaller grip. I do not like the finger groves and I have no use for the rails because I use my Glock 19 for concealed carry. If you are buying it to carry buy the 2nd generation, if you want it just to shoot then the 3rd or 2nd generation is fine, you can't go wrong with either one, it's a Glock and you can't get better than that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 2:18:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm in the market for a Glock 22.  I'm deciding between the older Glock 22 selling for about $375 or a brand new one w/ serated grip and accessories rail.  The new glocks cost around $475.

Where do you get a NIB Glock for $475?  That's what I want to know.  Every Glock I've seen here in Nebraska costs a minimum of $560.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 2:23:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in Provo, Utah.  There are 2 dealers here that are selling the new-generation Glock 22s for $465-$475.  Most of the new glocks (basic models) I've seen around are between $450 - $500, but not any more than that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 2:33:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Why do you need the rales for a flashlight?
If I was regularly doing house searches in blackout situation I could see how I might need one of these.  I don't ever do these, nore do anyone I know.  Why have something your never going to need.  Thats also why I don't have night sights.  Excess items that I'll never need.  If you need them or think you'll need them then get it, but don't let the "everyone else has them" make your decision.
good luck
DA
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry for this stupid question - Gen1 and Gen2 Glock frames upgradeable to a Gen3 frame?
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 12:11:09 AM EDT
[#11]
There are some other differences between older and newer Glocks.  You might want to take a look at communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/glock/gz-gupgrade.html#top  
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 12:40:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Own the Glock 23 third gen, hated the finger grips.  Did a little Dremel surgery, finger grips gone.  Went a little further and removed the square edges of the trigger guard and the molding flashing on trigger guard.
I like it, found out later that you can order a new Glock lower with the rails and without the finger grips or the back hand hump.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 5:53:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Go with the Gen III. I love the m3 light and I think sableco has them for around 115$ I paid over 150 for mine 2 years ago. here are some pics of my 23 with factory nightsights (company gun). AND Harvard, Glock was upgrading guns to the new frames. A guy I work with had his 21 done a few years ago, for a hundred bucks I believe, at the factory in Smyrna, GA.
http://web.utk.edu/~utpolice/Graphics/Mvc-001f.jpg
http://web.utk.edu/~utpolice/Graphics/Mvc-002f.jpg
http://web.utk.edu/~utpolice/Graphics/Mvc-003f.jpg
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 6:57:24 AM EDT
[#14]
And dont forget we have a Handgun fourm here
at AR-15.comhandguns.ar15.com
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 7:10:45 AM EDT
[#15]
I like the G22 3rd gen. But I think you should fire it first to see if you like the feel of the finger grooves. Some shooters dislike them. The tac light is nice to have, especially if this is a home defense weapon. Suppose you get an intruder in the middle of the night and you jump out of bed with little or no time for your eyes to adjust to it's surroundings. Then a tac light could be a life saver. When you carry just remove it. there is a guy on GT with a 3rd gen G22 with NS and a M3 tac light for $500. Sounds like a good deal.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=723a236f28cce627024f575bfcce317e&threadid=83058
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top