Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2009 4:55:38 PM EDT
Well I just got my new Giraud trimmer today, it is so much quicker & easyer than Forster trimmer.  After doing my first K of 223 by hand I decided to spend the money and get the Giraud, I wish I would have done this from the beginning, But then again I wouldn't appreciate as much as I do now.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:07:28 PM EDT
I am really glad to hear how easy it is because My Giraud trimmer was also delivered  today and I have not had a chance to set it up yet.  And believe me I have trimmed thousands of rifle shells with a Forster trimmer and I am Really looking forward to getting the trimming, chamfering, and deburring done in one shot.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:44:52 PM EDT
Man,, Doug is making it too easy for you new guys,, you gotta pay your dues like the rest of us old timers.
'Borg
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:36:17 PM EDT
Congrats!

Make sure you are checking your headspace variation,  I found out once I got my Giraud that my Headspaces were extremely inconsistant when I was getting crazy variations in trim length.  That problem was solved with a Redding FL sizing die and a Carbide expander ball.   Just FYI on something to look out for..

Also a Tip if I may...  Speaking from experience, Trimed case necks are EXTREMELY sharp, that chamfer makes the case mouth like a razor.  So if you have any primer pocket cleaning/uniforming to do, Do it BEFORE you trim the case, as I have many razor sharp cuts in my hands from the trimmed case necks..

-Masta
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:52:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MastaMarksman:
Congrats!

Make sure you are checking your headspace variation,  I found out once I got my Giraud that my Headspaces were extremely inconsistant when I was getting crazy variations in trim length.  That problem was solved with a Redding FL sizing die and a Carbide expander ball.   Just FYI on something to look out for..

Also a Tip if I may...  Speaking from experience, Trimed case necks are EXTREMELY sharp, that chamfer makes the case mouth like a razor.  So if you have any primer pocket cleaning/uniforming to do, Do it BEFORE you trim the case, as I have many razor sharp cuts in my hands from the trimmed case necks..

-Masta

I did 200 today and checked every one, +/- .002 So I guess my headspace is pretty consistant.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:05:01 PM EDT
I asked about these some time ago and probably would already own one if not for the fact that primers, powder and bullets are so hard to come by.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:37:58 PM EDT
I have one. Great product. He makes it real easy to use and I like how it can be serviced if parts eventually wear down.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 3:40:28 AM EDT
I have had one since right after Doug started making them, and it still works as well as the day I picked it up.  I also use the meplat trimming adapter and it sure makes that operation easy as well.  

Doug is an active highpower shooter, a supporter of the RKBA, and just a good guy.  You just can't go wrong with one of his machines!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 2:30:39 PM EDT
Great device.
Top Top